
BLACK CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD
photo taken: Our backyard Corpus Christi Texas

EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE
[population very rare, but growing, in USA]
photo taken: Paradise Ponds, Port Aransas Texas
Habitat Range in North America:

MALLARD DUCK & ducklings
[female]
photo taken: Hans Suter Refuge - Oso Bay Corpus Christi Texas

GREAT BLUE HERON
[preening]
photo taken: Packery Channel - Mustang Island Corpus Christi Texas
CURLEW
photo taken: Padre Island National Seashore, North Padre Island Texas
Habitat Range in the Americas:
NORTHERN SHOVELER
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center, Port Aransas Texas
Habitat Range in the Americas:

TURKEY VULTURE
photo taken: King's Ranch propery - Kingsville Texas
CONNECTING TO: World Bird Wednesday
WATER WORLD WEDNESDAY
I would love to see a curlew!!! And I do see that little collar around the dove, so cool you saw it, considering how rare they are!!
ReplyDeleteThey're kind of a quick spooked bird, so I feel privileged of getting so close to it to photograph its profile completely.
DeleteGreat series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gary. But, nothing compared to your beautiful post this week.
Deletereally like the GBH all fluffed out, and the curlew is so cool! :)
ReplyDeleteHe kept himself quite busy preening...oblivious to me. Well, at least that was the feeling...I KNOW he knew I was there.
Deletei really like the way you presented all these special images. the heron is my favorite but they are all very beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for the positive feedback Debbie!!
DeleteGreat photos and beautifully presented.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mick. I appreciate your visit and taking time to leave a comment.
DeleteGreat collection of birds, the Curlew is my favorite. Wonderful photos, Anni!
ReplyDeleteIt was tricky getting the curlew to stay still long enough for me to photograph him.
DeleteThey are pretty in there own right. I have seen hummingbird twice now but it's very elusive can't get a photo. ^_^ Thanks for linking Water World Wednesday
ReplyDelete...and thank YOU for hosting the WWW.
DeleteBeaut bird shots.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jim!!!
DeleteThe curlew shot is my favourite.Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteShantana
I was liking it too....the long beak!! Thanks Shantana.
DeleteGreat looking birds.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rajesh.
DeleteThe curlew and Great Blue Heron are my favorites.
ReplyDeletecheers.
Glad you liked 'em Bryan.
DeleteCame from Watery meme.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying all of your bird shots...
Glad you stopped by Lina...and thanks.
DeleteGreat bird shots. You have a great variety of birds and so different from what I have in my area. The Curlew has such a long thin beak, very interesting. Love seeing your photos.
ReplyDeleteOh great....thanks for stopping by to view some of my bird photos...your visit and taking time to leave a comment is so very much appreciated.
Delete