...some downy soft feathers and beautiful song...
...these are a few of my favorite pics!!!
Sorry, I thought of the song sung by Julie Andrews "These Are A Few of My Favorite Things" when I decided to just post some of my
favorite photos from my albums. Not much to say about them; hope you'll enjoy!!!
 |
| Mallard Duckling |
photo taken: Downtown Marina - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:
Mallard Duck
 |
| Roseate Spoonbill |
photo taken: Charlie's Pasture - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:
Roseate Spoonbill
 |
| Magnificent Frigatebird |
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:
Magnificent Frigatebird
 |
| Willet |
photo taken: Sunset Lake - Portland, Texas
habitat range:
Willet
 |
| Little Green Heron |
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:
Green Heron
 |
| Least Bittern |
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:
Least Bittern
 |
| Sea Gulls |
photo taken: NORTH Padre Island - Gulf of Mexico
habitat range:
Laughing Sea Gull
 |
| Tri Colored Heron |
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:
Tri Colored Heron
NOTE: 100 years ago this week, the last of the Passenger Pigeons [that once numbered in the billions] passed away ...read her story and history in the New York Times Article HERE Martha is now in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D. C.
Now share your birding experiences:
Your selections prove that what makes a shot a favorite need not depend upon how rare the subject or how technically excellent the photo. It is the memories, the recall of the moment-- the furtive bittern is a perfect example of this. Very nice post!
ReplyDeleteI love the first photo and I love this lovely face.....
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend :)
I love the little duckling (adorable!) and seagulls. (It's been YEARS since I've been to the beach and seen gulls. I've always loved them). That last heron pic is gorgeous and so clear.
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me about your meme. I was actually looking for it this morning - seeing how I finally had a few pics worth sharing thanks to a new camera - but couldn't find it.
Have a happy weekend, and enjoy those gulls company for me.
Oh my goodness...such great photos this week! Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds all of them and the duckling is the cutest of them all. Have a wonderful weekend, Anni!
ReplyDeleteI love the Willet, but they are all great pictures.
ReplyDeleteReally nice photos! Sure am glad you shared them with us!!
ReplyDeleteYour birds are wonderful, I raise ducks so I think the duckling is adorable, I like the hiding Bittern and the action in the Little Green Heron shot.
ReplyDeletei just saw a blurb about the passenger pigeon (once numbering at 5 billion and wintering in ne texas) in my electrical co-op magazine.
ReplyDeletewould love to see a tri-color.
Your photos of birds are all Wonderfully captured♡♡♡ Least Bittern was first I heard and I checked; oh, small heron! Must be hard to take pictures♪
ReplyDeleteSending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Hi Anni, I like that song too. And the birds are definitely one of my favorite things.. Great post and photos. Thanks for hosting and thanks for linking up to my Saturday Critter party.. Have a happy weekend
ReplyDeleteWow, love the first 2 photos and the one of the gulls in flight is amazing.
ReplyDeleteAnni, Least Bitterns always seem to be hidden. Great photo. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe Spoonbill in flight, least bittern, and little green heron are my favorites. But they are all so good! I recognized the duckling immediately!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of images.
ReplyDeleteAlways so interesting and enjoyable to visit you, Anni! These are some great captures!
ReplyDeleteGood to see just some of your "Favourite Things" Anni. I'm going for the Willet, mainly cos I've never seen one but hope to do so eventually.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the birding party again.
Wonderful group of birds! Loved seeing them all. How sad about the passenger pigeon. Reminded me of the post I did on the Dusky Seaside Sparrow, except of course that bird was a very localized species. Still, every loss is a tragedy. I am very conservation-minded, and you know I love animals. But, I have to say it always irks me when the media takes a chance to make an anti-gun statement. I do know that lead bird shot HAS contributed to the loss of the California Condor, but it is a far smaller factor than many other things they could have mentioned. It's always about "getting rid of the guns!" My hubby told me that lead bird shot is more effective, thus bringing the game bird down so that it isn't left wounded (which is a very sad thing itself!) Most game birds are retrieved after being shot...so how can that affect the California Condor so much it would go extinct???? (Lead fishing weights lost in the bottom of the lake or stream, also contributor--not big, again) I have done my research on this. Their decline began in the early 20th century....could it be that emissions, pesticides, and other factors could have played a much bigger role??? Just saying. Still it was an awful tragedy to almost lose them, and I am so grateful they are coming back! I would say that guns WERE the reason we lost the passenger pigeon, but we have to realize that heightened awareness of species preservation has greatly changed in the later 20th and now 21st centuries from when the passenger pigeon was being hunted. Sadly for them.
ReplyDeleteyou captured birds "with an attitude" Great shots of them. I like the wide range of different species and behaviours.
ReplyDeleteA lovely variety of seagulls Anni. All I have are seagulls for you :) I linked up a bit late.
ReplyDeleteLove that tri colored heron for sure!!! What a great collection!!! Not much around here right now - the sparrows are cleaning out the feeders, still have a goldfinch around, the hummers have headed south. Did have a bald eagle across the road this past weekend and caught a glimpse of the kingfisher while kayaking yesterday as well as some young sandpipers.
ReplyDeleteWonderful all these special vogles. Pink Spoonbill I really a wonder to behold. What nature has magnificent creatures.
ReplyDeleteWarmest regards, Helma
Wow---what a great group of bird photos.. You could sell those, you know!!!!! WOW.... I'm impressed.. My two fav's today are the next to the last one (lighting and coloring is perfect) -and that gorgeous pinkish spoonbill... Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy