Great...Least...and in Between 'em.


First, I want to mention my lack of getting around to visit with those that left comments but didn't link up this past week....I put myself into a challenge converting a cross stitch pattern into a crochet pattern and it's taking a lot of daylight time and keeping me off the computer. Which is probably good for me. LOL Anyway, know I appreciate your visits!!!

...Just how good a birder are you? Let's test your skills....can you see any bird in this photo below?



...I outlined it for you...


It's a Least Bittern. Just before I snapped the one photo it had caught an insect and devoured it rather quickly to only continue its hunt!!

LEAST BITTERN
photos taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Reserve - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Least Bittern




AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
photos taken:  Indian Point Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  American Oystercatcher



YELLOW BILLED CUCKOO
photos taken:  Rosehill Cemetery - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Yellow Billed Cuckoo


...and lastly this week, a few photos of one of my favorite South Texas Birds... a juvenile Great Kiskadee:




...and ever so near to the youngster, several adults were keeping an eye on their offspring!!

GREAT KISKADEE
photos taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Great Kiskadee



*CELEBRATION OF FLIGHT!!!  This weekend, for three days, there is a special hawk/falcon event* at one of the larger parks near Corpus Christi, Texas. In the event Bud and I attend a few of the live exhibits, I may or may not be able to visit with y'all until Monday. Just so you know, as I mentioned at the beginning of my post, I do appreciate your linking, AND your comments you leave for me each week....I will see you soon. And, if you can find time, unlike me this upcoming month, visit with some who are kind enough to share their 'finds' and show off their photos with all of us!!!

See you next week. For now...share your birding experiences:











For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:


or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:


19 comments:

  1. You are the master birder, Anni! I never would have spotted that little guy! Really enjoyed the Cuckoo and Kiskadee this week! Have fun you the hawk/falcon event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the bright yellow Kiskadees in Central America. They're a sure thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, that Least Bittern is tiny, great eye! I love the Oystercatcher, Cuckoo and the Kiskadee. Wonderful birds and post. Thanks for hosting, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots! no, i did not see the bittern until you pointed it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is your challenge from cross stitch to crochet working out. It really does sound challenging. I love the kiskadee. not a bird we see around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your photos! Thanks for hosting the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed seeing the bittern. I imagined one (a big American Bittern) deep in the shadows at top center, It has been years since I have seen either a kiskadee or a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, both of which I picked up in south Texas. The cuckoo was in Boy Scout Woods and the kiskadee in the Rio Grande Valley. You obtained really beautiful images of all the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos, I like the bittern, it's so difficult to see them in the reed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bittern too. Not easy to find. unless it moves :) You must have a really good camera :)
    Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos!
    Thanks for hosting this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a Great Kiskadee but I like his looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !! These shots are absolutely beautiful !!
    Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What marvelous camoflage in the first shot - I'd have missed that little guy for sure!
    Nice shots, all.
    Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/steam-powered-whatchamacallits.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Anni,:) Super shots of all the birds,and I'm amazed you spotted the Bittern. The Kiskadee is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I would never have seen that bittern if you hadn't outlined it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats a very well hidden bird! The oystercatchers seem to have thicker beaks than ours - I may have to do some research.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are the master of birders! Thanks for point out the bird. So many great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. do not have new post of birds but only small animals.
    Yet I come here like to look at the beautiful birds that can be spotted. From this post I also enjoyed it.

    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents