Over the Coast and Through the Woods...


Over the past few months I've collected these sightings....


ROSEATE SPOONBILLS
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture North - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range map:  Spoonbills


PAINTED BUNTING [female]
photo taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve
habitat range map:  Painted Bunting


Immature BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON and PROTHONOTARY  WARBLER
photos taken in viewing sequence:  Pollywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, TX and Paradise Pond - Port A, TX
habitat range maps:  Black Crowned Night Heron and  Prothonatary Warbler


BELTED KINGFISHER and  CEDAR WAXWING
photos taken in viewing sequence:  Hans Suter Refuge - Corpus Christi, TX and Paradise Pond - Port A, TX
habitat range maps:  Kingfisher and Waxwing


GREAT EGRET and AMERICAN ROBIN
photos taken in viewing sequence:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - and Paradise Pond - Port A, TX
habitat range maps:  Egret and Robin


Now share your birding experiences:






For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

19 comments:

  1. It would really be hard for me to pick a favorite out of all this marvelous batch. The exquisite spoonbills, the colorful kingfisher and bunting, the handsome waxwing and the beautifully posed egret-- but I must admit that the Prothonotary Warbler is absolutely gorgeous-- perhaps its beauty is enhanced in my eye as I still have not been able to photograph a single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those spoonbills are so lovely grouped together. They're bright red for Christmas. I've only had one fleeting look at them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, wonderful variety of birds. I think the Spoonbills will always be a favorite of mine. They are so pretty. Great photos and post. Thank you for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the great egret shot and those spoonbills are gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ROSEATE SPOONBILLS. I have seen them but never close. Always at a far distance. Would love a closer look at them. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni. Yes, the Fylde is a flat coastal plain in western Lancashire, England. It is roughly a 13-mile (20-kilometre) square-shaped peninsula. I'm sure that the origin of the name comes from "field".

    Meanwhile your Roseate Spoonbills are in fine colour as is the superb Prothonotory Warbler and the Belted Kingfisher.

    We are still waiting for the arrival of (Bohemian) Waxwings but they only come here fron Europe under certain conditions and special years.

    Have a brill week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Roseate Spoonbill is fantastic, and the others, and Kingfisher, brilliant images Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anni, it is not easy to choose a favourite because every one is beautiful. The group of Roseate Spoonbills do look special with their white and red feathers. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of photos! We don't have spoonbills in the Shenandoah, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mix of bird photos! I especially like the "pink" spoonbills. (I don't think we have spoonbills where I live.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, Painted Bunting, great capture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful collection of photos !!
    Have a happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roseate Spoonbills! So beautiful!
    Thanks for hosting this meme
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic sightings! The Prothonotary was my favorite. Gorgeous bird...but they are all beautiful! And you got some wonderful photos of them!

    I am SOOO behind right now. I was so tired getting ready for my daughter's birthday over the weekend, and also had our grandson here and I just didn't get beyond posting my critters post! Haven't visited anyone till this morning! Yes, it is COLD here now....snow on the mountains! Covering my plants against the freeze. We experienced some cold in the Prescott area last week, so I had already been needing my coat! :-) But it has definitely arrived here...at least for now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful assortment of birds you have shared!!! perfect timing on that egret shot and can you believe i thought the painted had a large, curved bill?? hehehehe, i looked at in forever before i realized it was a worm. is it my age or my eyes, perhaps both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Anni; Hello, I finally found time to comment:-) I LOVED seeing the beauty of your birds in the pictures. Starting with Spoonbill (my favorite with pink color) and the Egret(I can see in my area, not the one with great on its name maybe). Belted Kingfisher looks lovely,I wish I could see in my area♡♡♡
    So sorry for my belated comment,I wish you are having a wonderful week of year end month♪
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the spoonbills- what I wouldn't give to see those in person! You have a much prettier shot of the kingfisher than mine, but I am so glad I got to see one. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful selection of birds.
    I am continually impressed by the pink-colored spoonbills.
    We have in the Netherlands only white and I had never heard of pink spoonbills until I came across this on the blogs. Beautiful. other birds are beautiful birds to see. Beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents