....in Transit


Eclectic Flight Patterns this week...




LAUGHING GULLS
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Gulls


AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
photo taken:  Indian Point Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Oystercatcher


IMMATURE BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON [see adult below]
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Heron


OSPREY
photo taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Osprey


RED TAILED HAWK
photo taken: County Rd 51 - Chapman Ranch
habitat map:  Hawk


NORTHERN HARRIER
photos taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Harrier


CRESTED CARACARA
photo taken:  Pollywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Caracara


BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photo taken:  Charilie's Pasture - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Heron


AMERICAN AVOCETS
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Avocet



TURKEY VULTURE
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes - Portland, Texas
habitat map:  Vulture


NORTHERN PINTAIL & COMMON TERN with food
photos taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge [Port A] and Indian Point Park [Corpus]
habitat maps:  Pintail and Tern

GREAT BLUE HERON
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Heron




Now share your birding experiences:






For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

48 comments:

  1. Amazing photos of wonderful birds, Anni!
    Thank you for hosting! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni! Awesome flight captures. I love them all, great birds. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flight shots! That's something I'm not very good at. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to time just right to actually GET the bird in the viewfinder and snap the shutter button...before it flies too far out of range. Thanks Gunilla

      Delete
  4. Hello Anni!:) Yes indeed, your flight shots are fantastic, especially the beautiful captures of the American Avocets, Black Crowned Night Heron, and amazing shot of the Turkey Vulture,..those wings are so impressive!
    Have a good weekend, and many thanks for hosting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shots of boidies on the wing, Anni. (Wait, the wing is on the boid!!)
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice selection of birds in flight Anni.

    BTW the Blue-winged Teal looks more like a Pintail to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed....I knew it was a pintail and still typed teal. Thanks for catching that error. Been 'fixed'

      Delete
  7. Ha! Great shots And I went for flight this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely flyers. the pintail is so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots of birds on the wing! Sorry I have not been around much. No new photos of birds. Been busy rehabbing a knee replacement and preparing to leave Mar. 22 for a 28 day trip to Europe. Will try to catch up when I return home in April. Best wishes for more great birds. Hugs, Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Turkey Vulture is my favorite photo of this group!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea....have a wonderful weekend yourself [what's left of it]

      Delete
  11. I loved looking at the different wing spans & how they arch different ways,thanks for sharing & have a great weekend,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love in flight shots! These are wonderful, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These birds in flight are fantastic Anni, great photos! Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful wings! You are so good at flight shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me, I'm really not that skilled at 'flight' photos....I have ended up with HUNDREDS of nothing but sky!! lol

      Thanks.

      Delete
  15. Some wonderful in-flight moves there Anni. I especially like the one of the American Avocets.

    Thanks for your ususl hosting. Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those birds....probably 30-40, were just literally DANCING in the air.

      Delete
  16. Wonderful pics of birds in flight. My favorite the turkey vulture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni, great action photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing images of birds in flight!
    Have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful collection of flight shots, Anni! The Pintail is really captivating, and the adult Night-Heron is likewise particulaly striking, but I love them all! I have such a busy Saturday that I am usually late to your party, but thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can find time to stop by whenever you can Ken.

      Delete
  20. that is quite a collection. Loved to see them.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice set of pictures - looks like you were very close to that vulture.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic variety, Anni! Wonderful photos! Thanks for hosting the Bird d'Pot, too. I always enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to know you enjoy it here at the Bird d'Pot

      Delete
  23. Apologies for being so late to comment and to thank you for hosting. Your flight shots are stupendous...I am envious. Heck, I'm envious of your birds, perched or in the air , you know how I loved the Corpus/Port A area.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are a lot of links and lots of beautiful pictures.
    Photo 10 is really great! Also picture 13 is very very nice!
    I had this time no birds but sparkles :-)

    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all wonderful shots- I can't pick a favorite, although I do like the caracara, the oystercatcher and of course the blue heron. You see should a super variety of birds.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents