Migratory Treaty Centennial & Photos


TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, IS THE CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION OF THE MIGRATORY BIRD TREATY (1916-2016)
Read More by clicking on the graphic link below



_ _ _


Another version of eclectic photos from the file folders of 2016...


Loggerhead Shrike
photo taken:  Packery Channel - Mustang Island



Ruby Throated Hummingbird
photo taken:  Packery Channel - Mustang Island


American Redstart
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas


Spotted Sandpiper
photo taken:  Packery Channel - Mustang Island


Yellow Billed Cuckoo
photo taken:  Packery Channel - Mustang Island


Sandwich Tern
photo taken:  Luby Park Beach - Mustang Island


Great Blue Heron
photo taken:  Laguna Shores Road - Corpus Christi, Texas


Common or Lesser[?] Nighthawk
photo taken:  Charlie's Pasture North - Port Aransas, Texas
With Nighthawks, if they're silent and not giving out their distinctive calls which differ greatly in species, I use the wing pattern for IDing. I would say this is a COMMON nighthawk because of the position of the white stripe on its wing as comparing the LESSER nighthawk with the wing stripe seen closer to the wing tip. What do you think?


Habitat maps: Nighthawk, Heron, Tern, Cuckoo, Sandpiper, Redstart, Hummingbird, Shrike




Now, share your birding experiences:






For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

18 comments:

  1. Hello Anni, what an awesome variety of birds. Some of my favorites are the Shrike, Cuckoo and the Nighthawk. But, they are all wonderful birds and photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variety of birds you have in Corpus never ceases to amaze me, Anni! Truly a birding haven all year round! Great shot of the cuckoo - I was blessed to spot one here last year. iDing those hawks is tough! I would defer to your superior knowledge in that department! Have a wonder-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful selection of photos. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety today Anni. Right from that gorgeous redstart, the brilliant Sandwich Tern and through to the nighthawk. I think it's Common Nighthawk too. Thanks for letting me join in today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the variety today Anni. Right from that gorgeous redstart, the brilliant Sandwich Tern and through to the nighthawk. I think it's Common Nighthawk too. Thanks for letting me join in today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni, marvelous birds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your birds - and thank you so much for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection of bird photos!
    I've never seen a Redstart, so I looked it up in my bird book. I am close to the edge of its range, so I am keeping an eye out for one.
    Thanks for hosting this meme.
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to see water birds with their 'catch of the day'! What a fabulous heron photo! Love the colors in that Redstart too! I don't think I've ever seen one of those or a Cuckoo! Thanks for the fun party! I always learn so much. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the shrike! and the redstart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous birds all of them. The shrike looks pretty much like ours. but differ a bit in color. Andyout redstart is so gorgeous. .Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent pictures! Even a hummingbird perching! The shrike I think is the bird that impales it's victims. And the cuckoo lays its eggs in the nests of other birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anni!:)Love the mix today, starting with the Loggerhead Shrike, what a good looking bird. Your American Redstarts are so colourful and it's another favourite. Great shot of your yellow billed Cuckoo, it's quite different from the Cuckoos I see here, and love the two flight shots. Thanks for hosting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow !! Beautiful birds and fantastic photos !!
    Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful selection of bird shots Anni.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents