TWO NEW Birds in Review




CRESTED CARACARA
photo taken:  Ingleside on the Bay - Ingleside, Texas
habitat map:  Caracara


"New Bird!"


PHILADELPHIA VIREO
photo taken:  Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Vireo


MAGNOLIA WARBLER
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Warbler



HUDSONIAN GODWIT
photos taken:  Caribbean Drive - Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map:  Godwit


LITTLE BLUE HERON [1st year juvenile]
photo taken:  Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Heron


ROSE BREASTED GROSBEAK [female]
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Grosbeak


...and another 'new' one.  I tried several times during the migration season this year to find one.  I would have preferred the MALE in breeding plumage, but hey...I'll take her!!!  This bird, and the Philadelphia Vireo above,  brings my total up to 262 different birds in my 100 mile radius from home.


BAY BREASTED WARBLER [female]
photo taken:  Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Warbler


Now share your birding experiences:










For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!
    The female Rose-breasted Grosbeak looks like a real sweetheart
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the little female BAY BREASTED WARBLER is really fine. Have a hard time thinking the male will be any better. Loved to see the young Blue heron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of them all! I love the Caracara! It is so impressive and unusual looking. The Magnolia Warbler is gorgeous! Why the name, they like to nest in Magnolias? The Little Blue is great, and it sure does not look little! What a wonderful collection today! I would be very happy to spot even one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your photos are fantastic, Anni !!!
    Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Warblers are all so sweet and there are so many that it's hard to id them. We saw a Little Blue Heron juvenile on our hike this morning and came home and got the id books out. How neat that you are showing us one today! We thought it was a juvenile great blue at first...but now it must be a little blue. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni. You have some pretty special birds there today. The caracara is one family of birds I would love to see but we don't have them here. I do remember the Philadelphia Viro from my trips to Canada - a very special and lovely warbler. And then Hudsonian Godwit - a species I've not seen but one which vary rarely turns up in the UK - one of these days. I like its "summer plum".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni, wonderful birds. The warblers are beautiful. Love the little blue heron too. Thanks for hosting! Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Anni, first of all for introducing me to new birds, also for the splended photos, and for your list reaching a new high.
    Have a good weekend, Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the lifers anni, that' so exciting!! beautiful captures, lot's of amazing details in the close-ups..i find the warbler to be exceptional!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice warblers Anni, I'm glad to see the juvenile heron. Hope to see one my next time Kentucky Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,Anni,
    Wonderful photos of your birds! Very interesting for me to see them all. They are all new to me.So I had to check up their habitat on the map! The owl in your header is splendid.
    Love to join you today! Thank you for your host. Have a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You live in such a bird-rich area!I think the total for my neighborhood patch was about 167 the last time I checked-- 100 species short of your list! My first Philadelphia Vireo was one of those "screen captures." I did not recognize that I had a new species until I started processing my photo of an unidentified vireo-- its bright yellow breast and the black in front of its eye cried out that it was not just another Warbling Vireo. Maybe I should not have counted that one until I saw one "live" later on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, nice capture of the Philadelphia Vireo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an amazing number of birds! It seems now that I'm paying attention I keep finding "new" birds near me. Both those little warblers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Little Blue Heron's first year colours are oh so pretty, as are the images of your other shares this visit. I have visited in past week, but could not stop to leave a comment, and have to say again, I love the feel of your page as it opens with you Owl banner and full background. The colours are so warm and inviting, I just love it. Have a Happy week Anni. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome birds! I have a hard time with Vireos, tho last week I saw a Yellow-throated one and THAT was easy! Unfortunately, my camera battery was still sitting at home in the charger!! grrrrr.... Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents