For a weekend drive, birding, I hit the mother lode of bird concentration! There were egrets, herons, pelicans, gulls, spoonbills and willets all in one spot along the tidal basin...
- 
- - -

ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photos taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Spoonbill
While at Tule Lake just off the interstate, I spotted the young swallows upon the rooftop above their nesting area before they spotted me. After I took this one photo, they all fled the scene!!

BARN SWALLOWS
photo taken: Tule Lake, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Swallows

WOOD STORK
photo taken: Tule Lake, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Stork


AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER [notice the banding]
photos taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Oystercatcher

WILSON'S PLOVER
photo taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Plover


YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photos taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Heron

WILLET
photo taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Willet

LONG BILLED CURLEW
photo taken: Indian Point Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Curlew

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now, share your birding experiences:
Wow, that Roseate Spoonbill bird is absolutely stunning! Your photos of all the birds are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful assortment of birds!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting this fun meme
Have a great week-end!
such a wonderfulI place. I would have loved being there with you. After several years I still wish I had seen the ROSEATE SPOONBILL upclose. But I only saw it far away. Great shots!
ReplyDeleteThey were having a regular little weekend get together! WOW! I love the Roseate Spoonbill...it's probably my favorite to see in the wild! Love the Curlew too! Happy weekend! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteWow! These are just wonderful! I love the spoonbill in flight. And the very close closeup of the Stork. My, but they sit funny!! We have a lot of Barn Swallows, but I did not recognize the chicks as such! They don't look like the adults for sure. Look at those huge eyes!! VERY impressive pics of the Herons! I recently saw a Black Crowned Night Heron, but have never seen the Yellow Crowned. In fact, I didn't even know they exist!
ReplyDeleteMother load indeed Anni. some I have never seen !! including the Curlew , what a beak, fantastic.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Gordon.
The bird life is really rich at that location. Traveling and working from my iPhone not very efficient! Planning visit to North Padre Island for a few days in mid-August after one of our grandson's wedding in Amarillo. Look forward to seeing lots of birds not present at our inland location in south Florida. Hope no hurricanes intervene!
ReplyDeleteNice! Love the roseate spoonville.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni!:) This area is so rich in bird life, but what is interesting to see, is all the different species together as one group..Your first two photos are amazing. I'm getting better at recognizing your birds, and as I scroll down, try to ID them before seeing your caption. I did quite well today. Love your beautiful IF shot of the Roseate Spoonbill, and the beautiful captures of the American Oyster Catcher, and Long Billed Curlew, but they are all great shots. I was amused at the way the Wood stork was sitting, it looks so odd, but comfortable at the same time. Thank you for hosting Anni, and have an enjoyable Sunday.:)
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, great sightings! I just love your Spoonbill in flight shot, awesome. The Barn Swallows are so cute. I love the Wilson's Plover too, I do not think I have seen one yet. Great captures of all the birds. Thank you for hosting. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!
ReplyDeleteYes Anni. You definitiely hit the high spots there. Each and every one of those would be lifer for me. Except of course the Barn Swallow but even then although they are the same species over here, ours are slightly different to your own.
ReplyDeleteSo naturally to see your photos today was quite special. Being a bit of a wader freak I do like the Willet and the Long-billed Curlew but also the oystercatcher. Knowing you I guess you already sent in the colour ring record.
Thanks for the join up today. Have a good week.
Amazing variety of birds, Anni! What a great day of birding!
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice mix of bird photos here. (I recently saw an American Oystercatcher, but I didn't get any good photos.)
ReplyDeleteYou certainly did see so many different species of birds! I loved your Roseate Spoonbill in flight so much that I had to google it. What a wonderful colouring it has. Swallows are beautiful birds, I love watching them in flight and so nice to see those youngsters sitting still for a moment.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week and weekend :)
Hello Anni
ReplyDeleteBeautiful series of photos of these different birds.
Perfectly photographed, my compliments
I wish you a nice weekend.
Best regards, Irma