Colors of the Wind...


Of course, by now the migrants are out of our area and up to the north.  And since it's really too hot these days to do much walking/birding, I am going to share some colorful migrant photos taken earlier this season,  and a shore bird for this week's post...


INDIGO BUNTING [male is blue]
photos taken:  Paradise Pond
habitat map:  Bunting


AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
photos taken:  Indian Point Park
habitat map:  Oystercatcher


BLUE GROSBEAK [male in blue]
photos taken:  Refugio Texas
habitat map:  Grosbeak


PAINTED BUNTING [male]
photos taken:  Pollywog Ponds
habitat map:  Bunting




For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:




15 comments:

  1. Those Indigo and Painted Buntings are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see male and female of the birds.
    The OYSTERCATCHER we have is named the Euroasian but I can´t see what difference it has from yours. Anyway, they are one of my favourites.
    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see such good photos of the Indigo Bunting and Grosbeak! The females are so different from the males that IDs are sometimes difficult. Lovely Painted Bunting, too!
    Interesting to see Oystercatchers. I would have to go to the Gulf Coast to see them.
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the indigo buntings and painted buntings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni. The only similarity over here is the Oystercatcher, all the others are far more colourful than most of our migrants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those bright blues... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful series of different birds.
    I like the second picture the most.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, beautiful birds. I love the Painted Bunting. The Grosbeak and Indigo Bunting are beautiful too. Love the photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy day and new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rarely get to see a blue male here in south Florida, as they turn mostly brown during the winter and for some reason are more scarce during spring migration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni and thanks for the Blogger tip. I'll try that. You posted some wonderful birds there, especially that Blue Grosbeak and the two buntings. It's good to see such colourful birds as a change from LBJs.

    Have a great week ahead Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice selection of birds, as always. I only got to see the painted buntings once and I've been wanting to actually see one since the days of The Run Around Ranch blog. She used to post lots of pics of them. Sadly, I was leaving for my granddaughter's graduation the morning they stopped by and it was very early. Too early for a good pic. But I did get to see a male and a female.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Painted Bunting is so unique. All of these birds make me wish I could paint watercolors! Enjoy your Sunday my friend. I miss getting outside...it's HOT here! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, what a great find, the Painted Bunting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot even imagine seeing a Painted Bunting in person, Anni!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents