From the Archives


Lately with all the doctor's appointments I have had, I haven't had much time to go out in the mornings, birding. And by the time the appointments are over, the heat index is too dangerous. So, once again, I am delving into my archive folders and sharing some photos taken from a few months ago...





NORTHERN HARRIER
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park [Calallen, Texas]
habitat map: Harrier




CATTLE EGRET
photos taken: Botanical Gardens [Corpus Christi, Texas]
habitat map: Egret



...at first sighting, only one. Then, two...and before I knew it...three!!!




EASTERN KINGBIRD
photos taken: Paradise Pond [Port Aransas, Texas]
habitat map: Kingbird





For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



15 comments:

  1. We are also having record heat. Getting out at 6:00 AM a half hour before sunrise and returning home by 8:00 minimizes the risk of heat exhaustion. Love those Eastern Kingbirds. I still have not obtained a hot of one raising its little red crest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having to spend time at the doctor's. I hope you are okay and get to go out early soon. It's hot here even in the mornings but I have quite a few pics to share that I've taken the past couple of weeks. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have lots of nice birds in your files. Now you got the chance to share some :) Especially love the Harrier and the Kingbird :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos Annie. I'm always amazed at the variety of birds. I do hope you are okay healthwise too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shots of each bird are just wonderful! I loved them all. Hope you can get out in the mornings again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! I've been dealing with appointments too. Physical therapy twice a week plus other things. Retirement is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni,
    I'm sorry you spend a lot of time at the doctor.
    You can see beautiful pictures here again.
    I wish you a nice Sunday.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Cattle Egrets! I have seen only a few here, and they were not in their breeding plumage
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, we seem to be having cooler temps than our average for this time of the year.
    Love all your birds, the Cattle Egrets are my favorites. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too hot? We are almost there too. Trouble is, we are not accustomed to it in the 90s.

    Sorry to hear you couldn't get out much Anni. It can be very frustrating for us keen birders. Hope you are sorted for now at least.

    Good to see your photos, archive or not, especially since I hardly ever see Northern Harriers any more - persecuted as you probably know. Thanks for the link-up and have a better week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are getting good reports from the doc. Your archives have some wonderful pics. I especially like seeing the harriers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohh, I don't envy you that heatwave, Anni. Take care. Meanwhile, thank you for opening up your archives. I had to laugh at the cattle egrets. They seem to be taking themselves, and one another, very seriously.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. our heat index today (thur 28th) was 115 too hot to even go out with the puppies. Thank you for sharing these beauties again. The cattle egrets here its funny watching them standing on the horses and cows. Happy Thursday my friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been back and forth to doctors for the last month- blood pressure- of all things. Now it's too blooming hot to get out much for photo trips, but by golly I'm going anyway! :) Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents