Gone Birdin'!!


These birds were seen on two different mornings in mid-September:


September 15th...
All were seen in or near the Leonabelle Nature Reserve




TRI-COLORED HERON
habitat map:  Heron


COMMON MORHEN [Gallinule]
habitat map:  Gallinule


BLACK SKIMMERS
habitat map:  Skimmer


BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERONS
habitat map:  Heron


SNOWY EGRETS [mainly] One great heron, tricolored and spoonbill
habitat map:  Egret


September 17th...
All were seen at Bazemore Park:



BROWN THRASHER
habitat map:  Thrasher


BLACK NECKED STILTS
habitat map: Stilt


OLIVE  SPARROW
habitat map:  Sparrow


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD [female]
habitat map: Hummingbird


LITTLE GREEN HERON
habitat map:  Heron


CRESTED CARACARA
habitat map:  Caracara


BALTIMORE ORIOLE [it flew in front of me into the tree never to be spotted again!  I was lucky to get this much of it...most times it's a photo of a branch only]
habitat map:  Oriole


BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
habitat map:  Titmouse


Participant Listing Before Closing on Thursday
LINKS below:


Rosy Finch Ramblings
Lavender Dreams
Nature Footstep Photography
Birds Seen in Europe and Africa
Orchid
Lea's Menagerie
Irma
Owl Sketch


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below
and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

11 comments:

  1. Very nice selection of birds and beautiful photos. I also see three or four White Ibises among all those white feathers! I would love to see another Olive Sparrow. One of those neat species which I saw before i took up photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Heron sure is 'purty'! And I didn't even know there was a black crested Titmouse. Such wonderful sightings! This is a great time of year for birding! Love the Snowy Egrets too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got some great action shots today. Love it. The morhen and the green heron images are quite fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great photos here I love the Brown Thrasher, a totally new bird to me. Hope all is well, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an impressive array of birds! I did not know about this kind of titmouse; we just have the regular kind. I am always so tickled by the Moorhen's big feet. I think my favorites are the Stilts and Green Heron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Green Heron is my favorite of the group of wonderful photos!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures of the birds.
    Photo 7 and 13 are my favorite.
    Do you want to place my link, I can't do that.
    Best regards Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Anni! what a great bird post and photos. I love them all, a new bird for me would be the Black-crested Titmouse. My post this week is not all birds, I'll do better next week. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of those photos, amazing captures☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the titmouse at the end and the heron with the egrets makes me think of the song the only little petunia in the onion patch. sing with me now, the only big heron in the egret flock... as always, all photos are beautiful. I love the hair do on the little green heron

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents