I've only been out birding a couple of times this past week. Due to a huge job of a huge chore for Bud and me. And, that is cleaning up winter kill in our yards. So, without further narration, this is some of what I saw on the islands:


AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS
Habitat map: Pelican


GREATER YELLOWLEGS
Habitat map: Yellowlegs

AMERICAN AVOCET
Habitat map: Avocet

GREAT BLUE HERON
Habitat map: Heron


LONG BILLED DOWITCHER
Habitat map: Dowitcher

CINNAMON TEAL
Habitat map: Teal

LEAST GREBE
Habitat map: Grebe

TRI-COLORED HERON
[AND American Alligator]
Habitat maps: Heron - Alligator

Hello, Anni
ReplyDeleteWonderful variety of birds, the Pelicans are a favorite. I like the Tricolored with the gator. The Least Grebe is a cutie! Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!
Great shot of the Least Grebe, Anni, a bird I seldom see featured on blogs and a real specialty of south Texas.
ReplyDeleteWonderful sightings and some great shots!
ReplyDeleteThese photos are just glorious! The beauty and diversity you have there is mind blowing. My favorites are the beautiful first one of the Pelican,the cool looking Dowitcher, and the rich and luxurious looking Cinnamon Teal.
ReplyDeleteWow...I would be so happy if I had taken any of these. I love them all...love that Cinnamon Teal, and the Least Grebe. Of course, the White Pelicans fascinate me. Always love the Great Blue Heron...actually any heron. But they are about the only ones we ever see. And did not see many of them last summer.
ReplyDeleteAbout 'the shuffle'...I am sorry, I just was not thinking at all. Other than getting your steps in. I did know you had had a heart attack...I did not remember the SVT part. But once I started reading about it, I felt like I remembered reading about it after your heart attack happened.
It just doesn't seem like a bird should get that close to a gator but we see it here too. Neat photos! It's not every day you see a big alligator like that! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots Anni. The Great Blue Heron you captured looks like a cranky old man lol. That looks like one big gator! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
ReplyDeleteVery much enjoyed you birds!
ReplyDeleteGreat photographs.
ReplyDeleteI think my two favourites are the Cinnamon Teal, and the Least Grebe.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
All the best Jan
The cinnamon teal is a pretty bird! Not so sure about the alligator, I'd be nervous getting that shot. Maybe with a super long zoom lens? Hope you are having a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe tri-colored heron is fearless. Thanks for hosting and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteHello, Anni. I'm intrigued about your "winter kill"? But I'm pleased you had at least one birding trip in between sweeping up the bodies.
ReplyDeleteA great variety of birds, the Pelicans are super as is the Tricolored Heron with the alligator. I don't see your Least Grebe much on NA Blogs. It's so like our Little Grebe. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy Sunday.
Beautiful Kiskadee header! Loved all the bird shots, but the Cinnamon Teal and Least Grebe bring back special memories of birding in southern Texas.
ReplyDeleteOutdoor spring chores... the older I get, the more they overwhelm me! Gorgeous pictures, Anni! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteSilly Heron don't you see that gator? the first one is magical. LOVE IT. in fact they are all awesome, and draw me in. especailly the ones with sunshine on them
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. The pelicans in flight are my favourite.
ReplyDeleteLovely set of photos and that Alligator looks so like a crocodile, I always thought Alligators had a thinner nose! Keep well and stay safe. Thanks for hosting. Diane
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, Sorry I'm late, Sciatica is the reason, anyway, I'm here now, and have enjoyed your photos immensely. That first shot of the Pelican is wonderful, and the last shot of the Alligator and Heron is chilling. The in between shots are all great captures, but the "bright eyed" Cinnamon Teal is gorgeous,... love the colour of it's feathers, and the Least Grebe is a cute little fellow. I always click on your photos, and can see the wonderful detail in your captures.
ReplyDelete