With my last birding trek around the Park and River banks on a nice clear, balmy, morning, I saw most of the birds shared here at the Hawkwatch platform and drip system. The park is located about a 20 minute drive from Corpus Christi, in Calallen, Texas. Photos of the park grounds, seen HERE..

BROWN HEADED COWBIRD
Habitat map: Cowbird
AMERICAN KESTREL
Habitat map: Kestrel
WHITE TIPPED DOVE
Habitat map: Dove
NORTHERN CARDINAL [female]
Habitat map: Cardinal
GREEN JAY
Habitat map: Jay
LONG BILLED THRASHER [?]
Duller in color than Brown Thrasher
brighter white breast with black streaks
-also, curved beak while Brown Thrasher beak is straighter.
Habitat map: Thrasher
NORTHERN CARDINAL [male]
Habitat map: Cardinal
GREAT KISKADEE
Habitat map: Kiskadee

Linking is now Closed!
A new tool opens at NOON on Saturday, the 13th
Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteYou do see a beautiful variety of birds in your parks. The Green Jay and the Long-billed Thrasher are my favorites, I would love to see both of these birds. Great series of photos. Thank you for hosting. have a happy weekend!
The Dove and the Kestrel tie for first place for me but they are all absolutely gorgeous I love that green Jay
ReplyDeleteGoodness,these birds look like they went to a fancy photography studio and were posed! The Dove has a patch of sunlight right on his face! The Jay's head is in the foreground, where it is featured. And the colors on the Kestrel are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteP.S. LOVE your Pelican header!
ReplyDeleteThe Kestrel is a real beauty. It's hard to get all the details in a photo. They are usually far away when we see them. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteNice birds! The Green Jay is remarkable. When I saw my first Long-billed Thrasher it was an easy call, as it was in the Lower Rio Grande Valley which generally does not have the similar Brown Thrashers. However you must deal with identifying both, so it is a matter of relative length and curvature of bill, brightness of the yellow in their eyes-- and all I remember was that it did look more bulky than the Brown Thrashers I was accustomed to seeing in Dallas. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteHello Annie:=) What a delightful series of bird photos, ..each one a beauty , but I have to say that the Blue Jay, and the Kestrel are outstanding beauty's.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed your balmy morning walk, lovely to see all these birds. Thanks Anni :)
ReplyDeleteThey are all such beauties!
ReplyDeleteYour bird photos are so beautiful, never mind that you have so many more wonderful ones that I would never see here even if I could photograph them. Thank you for taking us along for the walk.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful birds today ... I am madly in love with the Kardinal ... but who is the beauty with the blue feathers?
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful variety of birds you have, and they are so colourful.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see.
All the best Jan
Beautiful series! The American Kestrel and Green Jay are my favourites today.
ReplyDeleteBlogger and Chrome are acting up on me. Love your photos!
ReplyDeleteSuper pictures today Anni. The American Kestrel is just brilliant. What a poser! Boy, how I would love to see a Green Jay too. Thanks for the link party today. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteThe Green Jay transports me back to visits to the Santa Ana NWR which is where I first saw it. It is a long time since I saw a Long-billed Thrasher but I think you have nailed the ID correctly.
ReplyDeleteLovely set of photos but the Kestrel is my favourite, such a pretty bird. Sorry no time for photos this week. Keep safe Diane
ReplyDeleteAwww... all your birdies look like they're happy for spring to have arrived, Anni. I know YOU are too!! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteWOW! Amazing shots of so many species, Anni. I'm partial to that little Kestrel...quick, agile, and alert...jp
ReplyDeleteWow! You really got some great captures...I so love the kestrel. They are so beautiful, and I have never been able to photograph one. Well, think I have, but nothing worth showing. And then only one, maybe two. They fly the minute I slow down. I would love to see a Green Jay and the Great Kiskadee?...not sure I am spelling that right and too lazy to look back to see..
ReplyDeleteOh my these photos are all gorgeous. What amazing colors. Everyone is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, beautiful photos. Greetings Caroline
ReplyDeleteI have never seen a green jay. Never knew they existed. Loved that photo. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete