Last Week of March...


Only photos shared this week. The last image, the photo of the Pyrrhuloxia was taken in our back yard thru the patio door windows...the rest shared today was all within 30 miles of home in different surroundings along beaches and at area parks.  If you observe, Happy  Easter to All!!!


GREAT TAILED GRACKLE
Habitat map: Grackle


MOURNING DOVE
Habitat map: Dove


AMERICAN WIGEON
Habitat map: Wigeon


WHITE WINGED DOVE
Habitat map: Dove


FORSTER'S TERN
Habitat map: Tern


PYRRHULOXIA
Female...difference of this species compared to Cardinal is: beak color [yellow & curved instead of pink/red on female] and crest coloring [gray instead of reddish]
Habitat map: Pyrrhuloxia

 

 

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Always use HYPERLINK when using linking tool


Linking is closed until this Saturday at noon!

18 comments:

  1. WOW, this looks like a sick Cardinal to me! Your Grackle is stunning, and my favorite. It is the best photo of a Grackle that I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni,:=) Happy Easter to you too. All your lovely bird images are beautifully in focus, and I love them all. The blue circle around the White Winged Dove eyes is most attractive. The Grackle is a great looking bird, so shiny and alert looking, and ready for action!! That last little bird which I have great difficulty in pronouncing is rather cute,...nice that in was captured in your back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bird in your banner. And doves are such peaceful birds. Enjoy your weekend. I had my second shot yesterday and I'm feeling a little under the weather today. Hope it's just one day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doves are a close 2nd to my love of Pelicans. the one here with the blue ring around the eye is beautiful. to me they are such sweet birds and their cooing noises are soothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shot of the Tern it is fabulous. Have a good long Easter weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Great Tailed Grackle is so stunning and the White Winged Dove is beautiful. All fantastic shots Anni! Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have trouble remembering how to spell it, but that is tremendous having a PYRRHULOXIA at your back door! The images of dove and the teal are especially beautiful. Moving from New Mexico to Florida I had to get out of the habit of calling our Boat-tailed Grackles "Long-tailed" despite their obvious differences in eye color, calls nd even shape. Interestingly, the Boat-tails do have lighter and even yellow eyes up to the north.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful captures, my favourite is the Grackle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header is fantastic! The wigeon is interesting; a little like our mallards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni, hope you had a great Easter.
    I love all those birds. I even miss the Grackle from my travels. I have seen all except for the PYRRHULOXIA. Interesting to see it so much like Cardinals.
    So far only a few migrants have appeared. I hopr there will be more soon.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Anni!
    Lovely collection of birds and photos. My favorites this week are the American Wigeon and the Forster's Tern. They are all beautiful photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have troubles spelling that bird's name too. I will call it "the Cardinal lookalike". I'm liking that American Wigeon a lot, subtly different to our common Wigeon. Have a great weekend Anni. And thank you for the link today 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Grackle looks like it is wearing a necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni, I hope you have had a beautiful easter. Today we have a little snow. Beautiful photos of the birds, I like the mourning dove. Have a nice week. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like your header picture, and I also enjoyed seeing the photographs on your post.
    Have a great new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, wonderful photos! That shot of the Foster's Tern is almost magical.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply amazing photos, Anni...I envy people like you!!...jp

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots of the birds. Thank you for sharing the difference between the Pyrrhuloxia and the Cardinal. I will remember that now.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents