April Sightings Posted in May...


It's been a busy week for Bud and me...very little time to go birding with more yard work and clean-up and readying the house for a weekend guest next week. At our age, we take a lot of time working in the yard, but, only one day a week weather permitting and rest for 6 [lol]. Actually, we're in no hurry, we aren't going anywhere. I don't think I see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but things are looking more like someone lives here. We still have 7 more bushes and trees to cut and dig out to replace them all from the freeze in February. Most of these images were seen in the latter parts of April of this year. I've been walking very early in the morning, but going to areas with little bird sightings. So, without further ado, I share these migratory birds and one yearly resident:



INDIGO BUNTING
Habitat map: Bunting


WHITE EYED VIREO
Habitat map: Vireo


PROTHONOTARY WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler


YELLOW THROATED WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler


AMERICAN AVOCET
Habitat map: Avocet


ROYAL TERN
Habitat map: Tern

PYRRHULOXIA
Habitat map:  Pyrrhuloxia


REDDISH EGRET [breeding plumage -white morph]
Habitat map: Egret

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


The linking tool has closed. Return Saturday for new tool.

20 comments:

  1. Such rich colors in this week's selections. Love the cardinal header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni!
    I love the vireo and all the warblers. The Indigo Bunting and Avocet are beauties! Thanks for hosting.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Pronthonotary Warbler! I thought I saw one once...but it was one of our regular Warblers. It's a good Spring for sightings here too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red bird the yellow bird the bluebird are all absolutely stunning colors but for some reason my favorite today is the wall. With the pale blue legs and that long pointy beard he looks funny to me and it made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say congratulations on all that work in the yard. I did one hour today of transplanting five pots of flowers and it nearly killed me

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are awesome. I love all the bird photos. You are indeed an outstanding photograper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photos Anni! The Indigo Bunting and the Reddish Egret are my favorites this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love these pics! Good luck with the yard. Our back area has gone almost completely wild. DH mows the open area, but the rest is left to the wildlife pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, each of your photos has it's own beauty and attitude. The Bunting is just plain beautiful. I have only seen one maybe three times. The Vireo looks like he is a watcher. The first Warbler is so cute, and the second one looks like he is in his fancy tux with a yellow ascot. The Avocet photo is glorious, and looks like he is showing off his plummage for the camera. The Tern looks just plain looney, with that hairdo. The next bird looks like an albino Cardinal, and the Reddish Egret looks angry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos as always! Sounds like a lot of yardwork cleaning up from the rough winter, I love to mess around in my yard but I would be so sad to have to replace everything like that. Hope you are having a great weekend so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right around now the first Indigo Bunting of the spring puts in an appearance in our backyard so I hope you are sending themmon their way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a busy time of the year for us too. trying to juggle house chores, school runs and birding takes a lot of scheduling. And like you say, at our age we need a day or two doing nothing but relaxing. I think your Indigo Bunting is just sublime, so too the Reddish Egret. So take Sunday afternoon off Anni, it's another week from Monday!

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni, your birds are as usual gorgeous ones I would love to see. But I have two favorites, the Avocet and the Royal tern. I have seen many avocets and terns. But not the two that you have. American avocet adn Royal tern. I would really love to see them myself.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Anni,
    you always have such amazing bird sightings! I've never seen a bird like the INDIGO BUNTING - so beautiful, the glowing BLUE! And all the other birds are also very special beauties. And yet you are very busy with gardening and more! It's a little embarrassing to link my pair of ducks in the park with you - but those were the only birds I saw ...
    Have a wonderful new week - all the best from Austria,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/05/drei-schone-tage-im-april-und-besondere.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Anni, I so love these. The third one down is just so beautiful it does not even look real.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been getting visitors like those. They are always welcome. Some decided to stay, nesting like a my yard is a campground. Free worms for everyone I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All are lovely to see :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni, beautiful potos of the coloured birds and the american avocet and royal tern. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ethereum (ETH) is the second most valuable and popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin (BTC). Ethereum’s popularity has skyrocketed among its consumers. With this in mind, many people are now searching for How to Mine Ethereum? Ethereum Mining Software or Best Ethereum Mining Software? Suppose you already have Ethereum mining equipment and a secure wallet. In that case, all you need to do now is to choose the finest Ethereum mining software to help you to manage all your mining operations effectively.

    In this article, you will find out the Top 5 Best Ethereum Mining Software, their features, how to download them, and much more… But let’s begin with the basics of Ethereum.0

    5 Best Ethereum Mining Software For Nvidia & AMD In 2021

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents