APLOMADO FALCON [rare, endangered]
Habitat map: Falcon
WHITE PELICANS
Habitat map: Pelicans
GREAT BLUE HERON
Habitat map: Heron
GREAT EGRET
Habitat map: Egret
AMERICAN AVOCET
Habitat map: Avocet
COMMON GALLINUEL [moorhen]
Habitat map: Gallinule

Linking Tool is Now Closed
That falcon is a great sighting! Love the intimate views of the avocets and the abundance of pelicans. Your header card is beautiful and thoughtful. Wishing you all happy returns.
ReplyDeleteThe first Aplomado Falcon I ever saw was in Texas.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful variety of birds and photos. It is hard to pick a favorite, I love them all. I would love to see the Aplomado Falcon. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend.
Great photos!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
I love the American Avocet! It's so unique with it's long bill. It's cold here this weekend, I'm inside looking at bird pics! Nice way to spend an afternoon! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful photos! I love them all...
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, :=) What a bit of luck to see the rare species of falcon, wonderful find! Lovely shot of the White Pelicans all in a row. The American avocet, is a chunkier version of the one I know, its a charming bird. Great captures of the Great Blue Heron, and the Great Egret. I once saw the Moor Hen, when I visited the UK in a nature preserve, but not in the wild.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots Anni! My favorite this week is the one with all those pretty white pelicans. Have a relaxing Sunday and stay warm!
ReplyDeleteAwesome series of beautiful birds!
ReplyDeleteThe avocet has a cute expression. Thanks for hosting and stay well.
ReplyDeletegood morning anni. Great work to see and to photograph the aplomado falcon, lucky indeed to be able to see such a rare bird. no narrative today? i do enjoy your descriptions but maybe you're having a day off typing? thanks for the link as always, and enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteLook at all those pelicans!! Priceless! I love all your pictures, Anni. What beautiful surroundings too. The falcon looks so high up! ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteFabulous set of photos. Thanks for hosting. keep safe Diane
ReplyDeleteGreat shots. Thanks for hosting (and congratulations on the book - not noticed that before!
ReplyDelete