Last weekend, I shared a bit of the Summer and year 'round residents of the Coastal Bend of Texas. It was PART I. This weekend, as I stated in my previous post, I continue with what I photographed during my 2 mile walk around the Salt Flats and Charlie's Pasture North along with stopping by the Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge before leaving the island and what is a typical array of birds/water fowl seen commonly on any outing...
I begin with finding:

Lesser Yellowlegs
Approaching a dried up area of salt flats, out of the vegetation, a Horned Lark made its presence known. At a very far distance it flew from me, but little did he know I brought my zoom lens with me!!! And it actually cooperated well with the camera and this ol' gal was thrilled!! [the first image needs to be enlarged and look just above the watermark]





...White Ibis


...Roseate Spoonbills & Great Egrets








...Magnificent Frigatebird [female]

Now share your birding experiences:
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
I begin with finding:

Lesser Yellowlegs
Approaching a dried up area of salt flats, out of the vegetation, a Horned Lark made its presence known. At a very far distance it flew from me, but little did he know I brought my zoom lens with me!!! And it actually cooperated well with the camera and this ol' gal was thrilled!! [the first image needs to be enlarged and look just above the watermark]





...White Ibis


...Roseate Spoonbills & Great Egrets








...Magnificent Frigatebird [female]

Now share your birding experiences:
or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Hello Anni, wonderful collection of birds from your outing. I love the Horned Lark and the Spoonbills. But,they are all great photos and birds. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeletethe horned lark is really awesome.
ReplyDeleteI like the one claiming to have 'greater yellow legs' ; )
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder to link up, Anni! Excellent collection here! Love those spoonbills and your horned lark is magnificent!
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of bird photos! Nice variety.
ReplyDeleteThe spoonbills are so pretty with their coloring. Great photos! And I'm happy to be joining in this week from Florida! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks for the colorful images of different varieties of birds!
ReplyDeleteLove your shots of the Egrets and Spoonbills and the icing on the cake is the Frigatebird
ReplyDeleteWow !! Wonderful series of bird photos !! Nice to see these beautiful birds !!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend !
Fantastic photos Anni! I saw some today I have never seen before. Have a great Sunday :)
ReplyDeleteYou sure found a lot of birds. Love the White Ibis shots and the spoonbills are always nice to see since we don't have birds like them around here.
ReplyDeleteI did the walk on "The Other Blog" so I'm pleased I came here to see the birds as well. There's no mistaking that "greaterlegs" for a "lesserlegs" is there? I might if there was a "yellowlegs" over here so I'll keep your photo in mind to sort out the big one from the little one.
ReplyDeleteThat zoom of yours certainly brought that Horned Lark in close - great views. And it's a beautiful area of water to have such a selection ibis, egrets, herons and spoonbills to look at. Two hours? Yes I could manage that too.
Have fun Anni and Bud.
Anni, the White Ibis is flight is splendid. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWell, your photos don't support the "doldrums" in your title! The close shots of the lark and the crowd of spoonbills are wonderful, and the frigatebird is great, and the egret is an instant fave! You want doldrums? You should see my last couple of eBird reports! Hoping that shorebirds come inland now that the water levels are low and creating big (now empty) mud flats in our local wetlands.
ReplyDeleteoooooh i just LOVE those long yellow legs and the spoonbills are fabulous!!!! the ibis, in flight is perfection!!! what a great collection today!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing photos, Anni! Especially the Horned Lark and Spoonbills. Thank you so much for continuing to host the bird meme. You always have something here that I've never seen or wish I could see someday.
ReplyDeleteEvery picture is wonderful and I am so envious of your flight shot of the frigate bird. You just can't talk about summer doldrums without making everyone else turn green with envy. These are wonderful birds for any time of the year and more sightings than I get in the Spring in one place. Lovely post and thank you so much for hosting!
ReplyDeleteI did see the Horned Lark in Morocco 3 years ago. A lovely bird we found in the desert. :) Nice to see your images.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! Glad to see such a productive birding venture!
ReplyDeleteI am slowly getting back to blogging now...linking in late but finally linking in. I still have a lot of sewing to do but a lot of the pressure is off. I always miss this! :-)
I saw a Horned Lark once, but did not get a photo. The Spoonbills and Egrets are such lovely, showy birds.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are amazing. And, thank you so much for posting the names of these birds and I'm learning so much from your wonderful blog. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDelete