Another post with several different species sighted around town and over to Copano Bay...

LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Woodpecker

RED WINGED BLACKBIRD [female]
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Blackbird

WHITE FACED IBIS
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Ibis

BONAPARTE'S GULL
photo taken: Lydia Ann Channel Jetty - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Gull

WOOD THRUSH
photo taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Thrush

COOPER'S HAWK
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Hawk

WILSON'S WARBLER
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Warbler

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Rose Hill Cemetery - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Woodpecker

WHOOPING CRANE
photo taken: Goose Island - Lamar/Rockport/Fulton Texas Area
habitat map: Crane
ps...if I'm tardy getting around to visiting on Sunday, I hope you'll understand...Go Broncos!!!
Now share your birding experiences:
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Woodpecker

RED WINGED BLACKBIRD [female]
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Blackbird

WHITE FACED IBIS
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Ibis

BONAPARTE'S GULL
photo taken: Lydia Ann Channel Jetty - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Gull

WOOD THRUSH
photo taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Thrush

COOPER'S HAWK
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Hawk

WILSON'S WARBLER
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Warbler

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Rose Hill Cemetery - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Woodpecker

WHOOPING CRANE
photo taken: Goose Island - Lamar/Rockport/Fulton Texas Area
habitat map: Crane
ps...if I'm tardy getting around to visiting on Sunday, I hope you'll understand...Go Broncos!!!
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Lovely birds!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite - The White-Faced Ibis
Thanks for hosting this meme!
Lea
Really amazing birds.
ReplyDeleteThat's a brill selection of birds Anni. Including some of my North American favorites like Wilson's Warbler and Wood Thrush, not o mention top pf my list, Red-winged Blackbird. Boy If I could connect with one of these over here I'd be over the Texas Moon.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the week ahead, Bud and you.
Hello Anni!:) Spectacular sightings and images! Gorgeous captures of the two Woodies and White Faced Íbis.I would never have guessed that the second image was a Blackbird, but won't forget what a Red Winged female looks like now.I love the rust coloured plumage on the Wood Thrush, and the Coopers Hawk closeup is wonderful.:)
ReplyDeleteOh, these are beautiful birds, Anni !!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous shots !!
Have a nice weekend :)
A person doesn't see a whooping crane every day. Nice. And the hawk close up is funny!
ReplyDeleteVery nice assortment of birds. I especially like that close look at the Cooper's Hawk, and the pose of the Wilson's Warbler makes it look like one of J J Audubon's works. We will be seeing less of the Whooping Cranes here in Florida now that the ultralight will no longer lead them down here.
ReplyDeleteThose are great pics, Anni. Always like seeing woodpeckers I don't get to see in my neck of the woods.
ReplyDeleteP.S. The lady Red-winged Blackbirds used to stump me, until I saw them hanging around with their boyfriends enough.
;-)
Splendid looking birds Anni, the Golden-fronted Woodpecker is a new one to me.
ReplyDeleteFine fine work!
ReplyDeleteWow..they are all so cool...but that crane sure did catch my eye. I don't believe I've ever seen one!
ReplyDeleteGreat captures, Anni! I had a ladder-back here last year and spent a good hour watching him. Woodpeckers are so entertaining! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, great variety of birds. I love the woodpeckers, Ibis and the Wood Thrush! Great photos. Thanks for hosting and for linking up and sharing with my critter party. Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! Really love the red-winged blackbird!
ReplyDeleteWow - lots of birds I've never seen - great photos.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty that Ladder Backed Woodpecker is!
ReplyDeleteAnni, wonderful array of birds. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThese are all great, but I think my favorite this week is the lady red-winged blackbird. Thanks for hosting each week.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you keep up with so many different birds but your photos are just fantastic!!
ReplyDeletereally nice. especially like both woodpeckers.
ReplyDeleteyou have very cool woodpeckers. Would love to see them.
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds -- the woodpecker shots are fabulous. The white-face reminds me of how much trouble I had with that one (I mean really, why?) and how patient people were helping me with that ID (probably at that very same place. Did I tell you I actually met Leona Turnbull?) Anyhow. Love the birds. Thank you for hosting; I almost didn't get my link in at all, we just went to the Everglades for a few days and ended up in a CG with no electricity. Fun though -- quiet!!! Good to do once in a while.
ReplyDeleteFabulous shots of the birds. I don't think I have ever seen a ladder backed woodpecker before! I've decided to link up my sandhill crane post from the weekend too. Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteThese are again some beautiful birds to see.
ReplyDeleteIn the links are also cute birds again.
Saturday I will also post my link emt waterfowl :-)
Many greetings, Helma
Your birds are great this week, I like the two different woodpeckers, variations on a theme. The Wood thrush looks so perky, and I like the pose of the Wilson's Warbler. I only see the various birds that come to our deck for seed.
ReplyDeleteGreat set of birds - Ive only seen the Blackbird.
ReplyDeletecheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
great set of birds as always :)
ReplyDelete