The weather is keeping me from going outdoors much, altho, Bud and I did drive to Rockport this past week to see what migrants are showing up...the heat and a bit early in the season kept us from finding many birds. I did spot and photograph a 'new' flycatcher. I don't have all the bird photos taken that day off the camera's card yet, so...I'm once again choosing my photos from my bird folders on the computer!
ALSO: I read a most interesting article that Cornell Ornithology Lab emailed me. It seems long ago, there were several species of what we now call, in general, the Yellow Rumped Warbler. Now with more advanced DNA technology, there is scientific proof that the Warbler is perhaps FOUR DIFFERENT SPECIES! Read More....
ALSO: I read a most interesting article that Cornell Ornithology Lab emailed me. It seems long ago, there were several species of what we now call, in general, the Yellow Rumped Warbler. Now with more advanced DNA technology, there is scientific proof that the Warbler is perhaps FOUR DIFFERENT SPECIES! Read More....
I'm scanning through my photo folders, by month, and I will begin with April, since it's the top folder being that they're alphabetical. Some of my favorite captured images...

LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE

LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER 1

DUNLIN

SUMMER TANAGER [first spring]

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER 2

BELTED KINGFISHER [male - less colorful than female]

INDIGO BUNTING
- - -
This is a series of 'action' photos of a duck...





MOTTLED DUCK
photos taken: Duck [Han Suter Refuge - Corpus Christi, Texas] Bunting [Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas] Kingfisher [Park Lake - Bishop, Texas] Woodpecker [Golden Fronted1 - Rose Hill Cemetery in Corpus Christi, Texas * Golden Fronted2 - Holy Cross Cemetery in Corpus Christi] Summer Tanager [Packery Channel Park - Mustang Island] Dunlin [Charlies Pasture - Port Aransas, Texas] Ladder-backed Woodpecker [Holy Cross Cemetery in Corpus Christi] Loggerhead Shrike [Packery Channel Park - Mustang Island]
habitat maps: Duck, Bunting, Kingfisher, Woodpecker [golden fronted], Tanager, Dunlin, Woodpecker [ladder-backed], Shrike
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
so many wonderful birds and images. It is a nice feeling to gp back and find them again. Don´t you think? Love them all as you do,
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting. :)
I especially like the "attitude" of the tanager in that closeup! The Golden-fronted Woodpecker is really beautiful, and the Indigo Bunting is striking. Very nice collection!
ReplyDeleteYou've taken some amazing photos this year. I love the color of that Indigo Bunting. It's a bird I haven't seen in years...and one of my favorite colors! Enjoy your weekend. Hope we both get some cooler weather soon so that we can get outside! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteA wonderful series of photos!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week-end!
Hello Anni, great collection of birds. The Shrike is always an awesome sighting. I love the woodies and the Mottled Duck. Thank you for hosting! Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove the Golden-fronted woodpecker.
ReplyDeleteHoney you are an artist and bird expert
ReplyDeleteThe Golden Fronted looks a bit like a flicker. The first Loggerhead shot is wonderful! so close, and you can really see the hooked beak. I believe they impale heir victims! As in Vlad The Impaler! So I call them the Dracula Bird. Never heard of a Dunlin. Such a sweet portrait of the Tanager! Gorgeous Indigo, and fierce Kingfisher! Next to the last one is stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous bird shots! I don't have any to share right now but I'm hoping to have some for you and others this Fall if all goes according to plan. Have a wonderful week ahead.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is an amazing collection of birds. Mostly never seen by me before. Thanks Anni and happy Sunday to you :)
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful array of different birds.
I like the blue bird in photo 8, really great.
Best regards, Irma
Your photos are stunning! Thank you for hosting this fun party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
ReplyDeleteAnni, you had a great year. Thanks for sharing your bird photos.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful set of birds!
ReplyDeleteI remember that indigo bunting. So blue! So pretty!
~
Great set- I like the Tanager and Bunting the best...but you always capture such a great variety of birds. Thanks for sharing and for hosting!
ReplyDeleteI love the Kingfisher and of course, your Golden-fronted Woodpecker! That's not a bird we get to see here:) Great birds! What will the rest of 2016 bring I wonder?:)
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeletebeautiful birds you show in your blog.
Beautiful colors but also beautiful details.
Maybe better times come again for you to photograph birds.
Warm regards, Helma
Those are great photos. I love the LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER and the way he's looking at us.
ReplyDelete