Up Close and Personal....


Just some photos using my zoom lens...



TRI-COLORED HERON
photo taken:  Leonabelle Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Heron


RED TAILED HAWK - RED BREASTED MERGANSER
photos taken:  Goose Island State Park [hawk] - Sunset Lakes - Portland, Texas [merganser]
habitat maps:  Hawk, Merganser


YELLOW RUMPED WARBLER [Myrtle]
photo taken:  Packery Channel Park - Padre Island, Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Warbler


SNOWY EGRET
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes - Portland, Texas
habitat map:  Egret


REDDISH EGRET [white morph]
photo taken:  Charlie's Pasture - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Egret


GREAT EGRET [aka Common Egret]
photo taken:  Leonabelle Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Egret


NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD
photo taken:  Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
habitat map:  Mockingbird


GREAT BLUE HERON - RING NECKED DUCK
photos taken:  Indian Point Park [heron] Bazemore Park [duck] Corpus Christi and Calallen, Texas
habitat maps:  Heron, Duck


HOODED MERGANSER
photo taken:  Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
habitat map:  Merganser

- - -





Ahem:  Now share your birding experiences:









For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds ! As always your photos are fantastic !!
    Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni! Wonderful collection of birds and closeups. The Hooded Merganser is a favorite. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible!! I agree with you, my very favorite is the first one, the heron. He is sleek, black, and gorgeous! And you truly captured his personality. The little warbler is looking so quizzical. And the mocker is so puffed up, it must have been cold! I was attacked by one of these mockingbirds once! So I am always wary of them. They are everywhere here, and so are their nests. And I pity the poor fool who gets too close to the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birds in this post.
    Many herons and raptors.
    The most beautiful bird, the duck in picture 11.
    I find this so special.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos. You must have a good camera and lens. :)
    We have two kinds of merganser, but not the once you share today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the feather detail on the Tricolored and the Hawk especially. Good to see the mergansers lift their hoods for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful close ups...I feel like I could reach out and touch them. You really see the details when you get a chance to look at photos you've zoomed. I love the beak of the ring necked duck! Something like that you can't see from afar! Enjoy your evening! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photos! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mockingbird is our very favorite up here in North Central Texas! It has felt like spring lately! We sleep with our back door open and the bird song wakes us up. No better way to start our day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful birds! Great photos! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni. Good idea. I really enjoyed seeing those photos. I think people like my ringing close-ups as a chance to ses small birds as they otherwise wouldn't. I don't think I'll put any close-up selfies on my page though. Wouldn't want to lose all my visitors. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, nice close-ups, especially the emphasis on the eyes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Anni! These closeups are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are some awesome head shots, its great when you can "catch" the eyes. we have a lot of the hooded mergansers this year at the shore but i can't get very close to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A good set of birds, my favourite is NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots, Anni! The Tri-colored heron is particularly beautiful! Well, I THINK I was able to get rid of the Google+ comments. I did use the link you gave me, and tried following the instructions but the Google+ comment tab was no longer there, so I think I had in all my flailings managed to successfully rid myself of it already. I really appreciate all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing their eyes close up and personal. I think the Tri-colored Heron is my favorite. So many beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Anni; Great Idea to make a close-up collection☆☆☆ I agree with your friend Ms.Betty, all the birdies have its unique and really impressive eyes!!! I just don't have favorite, love all the zoomed shots which show us their characteristics♡♡♡
    Have a wonderful new week♩
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  19. As you know, I adore "the hunters". However, this week that look on that Yellow Rumped Warbler has my heart Anni...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful pictures of these beautiful birds.
    Beautiful colors and photographed perfectly sharp.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents