I don't know about other bird enthusiasts in this area of Texas, but since Hurricane Harvey, in August of 2017, I have noticed that so many birds were displaced. Very little numbers have been seen since until recently. Lately I haven't been out birding because of the landscape disaster and/or inclement weather. Now it seems they're slowly returning.


NORTHERN CARDINAL{female and male}
photos taken: H. Bazemore Park
habitat map: Cardinal

WHITE FACED IBIS
photo taken: H. Bazemore Park
habitat map: Ibis

GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken: Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge
habitat map: Kiskadee

AMERICAN AVOCET
photo taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Avocet

REDHEAD DUCK
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Redhead

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Wow, these pictures are AWESOME! Each one shows something so remarkable. Mrs. Cardinal, with just that touch of pink on her wing. The Ibis, large and impressive. Looking like he could have starred in an old Vincent Price movie. The Kiskadee with his mouth wide open, proclaiming he is the star of today's post. The Avocets with their super long legs. And both a front and back shot. And one of our Redheads, just look at the feather detail on his body! Stupid spell checker...it wants me to substitute Avacado for Avocet!
ReplyDeleteThe Kiskadees are so colorful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful image of the Redhead Duck too!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hello, love your pretty Cardinal photos. The Ibis is a cool sightings. The Great Kiskadee are beautiful birds. Love the Redhead Duck too. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteglad to learn the land and birds is slowly going back to whatever "normal" is. Things are changing but too fast when it comes to violent storms.
ReplyDeleteThe White faced Ibis would be wonderful to see! And it's funny that we were just talking about the birds we haven't seen. For us it's the Goldfinches. We wonder where they are! Not in our feeders or anywhere in the wild. Hope they find their way back! Happy weekend! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteLove seeing the Cardinals! The White Faced Ibis is a new bird for me. Wonderful photos Anni!
ReplyDeleteThe Great Kiskadee is beautiful! The last shot of the Redhead Duck is perfect!
ReplyDeleteaw
ReplyDeleteWe (read, me) tend to forget the tragedy are feathered (and otherwise) friends experience during storms. I don't know why...for all the baby squirrels found in abundance after a storm.
Your kiskadees and water birds look exotic to me. Great shots!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the cardinals !!! Gorgeous photos !!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend !
Nice selection today Anni. Love those colourful Kiskadees. I'm sure you are right about bird displacement. I noticed the same here after a series of ex-Atlantic storms here last autumn and since when the birds have never properly returned. We need a summer both.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link and have a good week.
Annie, we are finally seeing some of the birds that are usually here all winter
ReplyDeletelove the cardinals. yesterday I thought about you. there was 4 pair of cardinals,
6 meadowlarks, 8 robins, many starlings, some finches, blue-jay chickadees AND titmouse i love watching them gather at the feeders. thank you for sharing
Hope you start to see a lot more birds. I always enjoy your photos so much.
ReplyDeletegreat shots of a lovely selcetion of birds Anni. Have a good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteWow - fabulous photos - so many birds I've never seen. Love the kiskadee photo especially - what a great bird.
ReplyDeleteThe birds you do have are utterly wonderful -- I hope the numbers come back soon; not too hard to imagine that some went someplce else after the hurricane. I don't get to bird often enough here to know if 'our' hurricane chaqnged things here.
ReplyDeleteWanted to tell you I'm sorry you're having problems commenting on mine. I know that Typepad (my plltform) is different and I have had others tell me they can't comment on it. I don't know why or I would certainly fix it. Thanks so much for all you do and I will be linking next Saturday.
Those are some great birds! Avocets are my all-time favorites! The Kiskadee is a new one that I haven't seen...and won't, unless I travel west! We see White and Glossy Ibis here, but not the white-faced ones! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of photos of these beautiful bird species.
Perfectly photographed, my compliments.
Best regards, Irma