Walking in the Sunshine...


We have our son from Houston for Thanksgiving weekend, I may not be able to pay you a visit until he goes back home. In the meantime, for those that celebrated the holiday, hope you had a good time with loved ones. To all, know your loyalty throughout the year has been noted and very much appreciated! Safe weekend wishes to all, and happy birding!!!



For the most part, the rain is gone, the flooding is receding, and the sunshine has returned. The temperatures are more normal for this time of year, and we are finally experiencing some South Texas Autumn days!!!  I've been picking up where I left off this last summer when the boiling hot sun kept me, for the most part, indoors and unable to enjoy getting out....birding!



BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCKS [note the bottom rail too!]
photo taken:  Caribbean Drive
habitat map:  Ducks



NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD
photo taken:  Bazemore Park
habitat map:  Mockingbird



RED TAILED HAWK
photo taken:  Pollywog Ponds
habitat map:  Hawk



TRI-COLORED  HERON
photo taken:  Indian Point Park
habitat map:  Heron


OSPREY
photo taken:  Hans Suter Refuge
habitat map:  Osprey



ANHINGA
photos taken:  Caribbean Drive
habitat map:  Anhinga

[that blurriness in the top Anhinga photo is part of the fencing]


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:





15 comments:

  1. Hello, Anni! I hope you are enjoying your Thanskgiving and visit with your son. Wonderful birds and photos this week. My favorites are the Whistling Ducks. I also love the Osprey. Neat captures of the Anhinga. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures (and great info) about beautiful Texas Gulf Coast birds. Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a wonderful visit. My favorite is the row of Whistling Ducks, because SOMEONE wants to be different, and not follow the crowd! Also the Anhingas in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to see more than one Anhinga in a tree! WOW! Love your photos. Hope you have a wonderful week and lots of good weather to get outside with your son! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots all. I especially like the spread wings of the Tricolored Heron. We have had a break from the heat the past 3-4 days with a cold front. Our only way to beat the heat is to get out well before sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful to have your son visiting, i did not get to see either of my boys for thanksgiving!! beautiful captures this week, #1 reminded me of theresa from texas!!

    the hawk and the trip-colored heron were also a big hit for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m glad to be back. And to see you are still here.
    Loved to see all the anhinga. A bird I very much appreciate. And love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful series of birds Anni.
    I wish you a very nice time with your son.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Tex' W Ducks but that line of them u photographed is great Ani Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your sons and family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, Enjoy your weekend and time with your son. Sounds like you don't see him as much as you'd like. In the meantime we'll enjoy your glorious birds. Glad to hear that your weather improved, and thanks for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos!
    Love the ducks on the railing!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those whistlers are so cool. So why don't we get them in Tampa? Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the sun shining through the hawks feathers is beautiful, as are all the birds. glad you could get back to birding after our long hot summer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous photos. Have a great week Diane

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents