Park Birds...


Most, again, are so common, you're probably getting bored with my posts!!! We have had some very cold days; dreary, wet, and near freezing. So I haven't been going out much. In fact, it's been a 'plus' in a way....I'm getting my house cleaned from ceilings to floor, from boredom. I must admit, it's been a couple of years since I've done a total cleaning. The wild birds would love the webs & tiny spiders I've found lurking in the dark coveys at the back of cupboards   Maybe I should hold an open house for my feathered buddies~~[Just kidding]....


WHITE PELICANS
photos taken:  Oso Bay near NAS [naval air station]
habitat map:  Pelican


BLACK NECKED STILTS
photo taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands
habitat map:  Stilt


AMERICAN AVOCET
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes Park
habitat map:  Avocet


SNOWY EGRETS
photo taken:  Indian Point Park
habitat map:  Egret


HERMIT THRUSH
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Thrush


RED TAILED HAWK
photo taken:  Bazemore Park
habitat map:  Hawk


BROWN PELICAN
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes
habitat map:  pelican


RED BREASTED MERGANSER [female]
photo taken:  Indian Point Park
habitat map:  Merganser


AMERICAN KESTREL
photo taken:  Paradise Pond
habitat map:  Kestrel





For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful selection of photos this morning! You remind me that our house needs a "deep" cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get bored with your birds. Most of them are ones we do not have around here. The stilts are beautiful! Wearing tuxedos and pink stockings. I like the Avocet's pretty wings. And the last Pelican picture is so beautiful. The feather detail and the big beak. The Merganser looks just a bit loony with his crazy hairdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never be bored with these! For the life of me, I can never get a kestrel shot. I think I have one, and it is not decent! And they are so pretty! Love the pelicans...I am hoping to make a trip to a place about an hour from here in the hopes of seeing some. We have seen them in the spring two or three times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NONE of us are bored! And these aren't all common to me! I don't even know if I've ever seen that Hermit Thrush! We just got back from a hike and took a little side drive and saw a Kestrel...made our day! Hope you have a beautiful weekend! Gotta go see when the Cowboys come on! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birds!
    The Kestrel is my favorite of this group. I have never seen one in the wild, but saw one at a wildlife rehab place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never be bored looking at your pictures! I'm particularly fond of the brown pelican and the kestrel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what make you thing these are boring? I .love them all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful pictures of these different birds, perfectly photographed.
    Photos 1, 4, 7, 8 and 10 are my favorite.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite of all birds is the brown pelican and this is an excellent shot of one.. todays favorite is the black and white stilts with pink legs. LOVE them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Anni, I'm never bored of seeing your birds from Texas or reading about your exploits, house cleaning or otherwise. My faves today are the kestrel and those sleeping stilts.

    Many thanks once again for the opportunity to visit you in Texas amnd to ,share our own birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. common is okay...I love pigeons and doves...can you believe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of photos but the kestrel for me is the favourite. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never ever bored with your wonderful birds. Cleaning cupboards, now that *would* bore me (I think, anyway, can’t really remember )). Hope your weather warms up a bit soon ... we too have caught the tail end of the winter storms, but it warms up mid day. Low 40s at night ... Good sleeping weather.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since I have been hold up sick for 6 weeks tomorrow from this RSV, very few outings...I too have been doing inside chores. I have not had the energy to tackle deep cleaning though...not yet. I love all of your birds, never apologize for anything...sometimes I have the same visitors to the garden outside my window and repeat, repeat, repeat ;) My favorite of your shares is the gorgeous Red Breasted Merganser~ Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents