This and that....



G'day all. This post will be a bit condensed per my usual way of sharing. It has been a week of so many things going on at home and I am a bit backward in getting the 'regular' way done. From air conditioning going haywire, to storms and power outages, and small projects at home and getting my walking routine balanced with all that is going on here of late. So, my photos will be just that...photos only.  The 'sunrise'  photo here is taken off the observation platform at Leonabelle Refuge about 45 minutes AFTER sunrise since there was a massive cloud bank obscuring the horizon at the hour of sun rise.. And, the images that follow  are all from there one morning, this past week....





These two 'teen-aged' Gallinules [Moorhens] were walking on the boardwalk right beside me with no fear or hesitation:



...and I want to think this one is the same leucistic Gallinule; surviving the year prior [I posted my first sighting in 2017-2018]





For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below
and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

10 comments:

  1. Don't you love getting up close and personal with wild creatures! Hope your weekend is good. Please keep us in your prayers! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Looks like you had wonderful bird sightings even with your busy week. Great collection of photos. Sorry, I do not have birds this week to link. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those FEET!! Also the feet on the first bird! Your sunrise picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, unusual and fun shots this week. Enjoyed them a lot. This is birdlife too. :)

    Hope you get a less stressed up week to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those birds must be accustomed to humans! I can't get near the Common Moorhen which shows up in our local wetlands. Nice assortment of birds. I'm late for the party because my desktop crashed and it will take about 7 days for Carbonite to complete restoring all the data. It only saves data, not programs so I have been busy reinstalling them and also trying to process a week's worth of photos which I have been unable access. Of course you are busy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking birds! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your chores are complete by now Anni. It's no good when jobs around the house take over the birding is it?

    Am I right that top one is a Greater rather than a Lesser? Thanks for the link-up today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds if you have had a trying week...

    that being said, I love that shot of the feet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are all beautiful, the FEET are my Favorite today... aren't they just to amazing fo words?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous photos. My fave is the one with the feet.

    Happy Weds, Anni.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents