The Rains Came....


Looks to me that the bird population here in South Coastal Texas are just as happy to see the September rainfall as I am!! Just a week ago, this area was bone dry! Get a week of rain and we have lakes and ponds and runoff again....they love it!!






Just this one area in Port Aransas Texas and only minutes after arrival, I sighted in on Egrets, Herons, Ibis, Stilts, Spoonbills. And, only a few minutes' walk from this spot, at the intended destination, I saw, Yellowlegs, Cormorants, Black Crowned Night Herons, Skimmers, and MORE of the same seen above. Oh, and ONE alligator. I think it was feeding on something while partially hidden in the reed...it was rolling over and over....isn't that the habitual ritual?


Photos taken at Port Aransas Texas


THE LINKING TOOL WAS DISCONTINUED FOR THIS WEEK due to technical problems with the html coding. Please return Saturday to add your birding site[s].


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below
and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

15 comments:

  1. Hello, Anni! Looks like the birds are all gathered there in one spot. It reminds me of a park we visited in Florida. What a beautiful variety of waders and birds. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many birds...I would be in heaven!! Your first picture is awesome, an action shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to see you got rains. Looks wonderful with all the birds. And they seem very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you had gotten too much rain out of this latest storm. I'm glad you are ok! Love the Spoonbills...they are my favorite and one we rarely see in the wild! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time to post so I think I did it right...maybe?
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a great spot to view so many shore birds, your images are beautiful!! the first picture is exceptional!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as I was thinking "What a great place" you mentioned an alligator. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Amazing!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these photos make me feel JOY... I am so happy you got the rain you needed and they all look so very happy.... I do love these photos... a regular convention

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what fun your day must have been. The first shot is fantastic, and the last shot leaves me laughing. I see no one else made a comment, but it looks like it has a head at both ends! Do you see what I am talking about--if you just focus on the one bird

    ReplyDelete
  11. *gasp* Wow, wonderful first photo....isn't that pink tinged bird so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love rain, your captures of birds are stunning! I am following, have a lovely day ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. We have also at last had some rain but we need lots more, still very dry. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents