Island Birds Seen...


It all boils down to a few "different birds" this week. Not new birds mind you, but ones I haven't seen for some time. Starting with the Yellowheaded Blackbird. It's usually seen here in mid-March. Early. And the Wilson's Snipe was ground feeding [naturally] out in the open. I had a good opportunity to follow it in action without going into hiding for quite a while. The Great Egret was spotted in a different area for me...Paradise Pointe [it's a residential area that has homes along the waterway]. The GRUMPY EGRET was a bit on the perturbed side of its morning. A Tri-colored Heron had caught a fish, and the egret was chasing after, to no avail...hence, the grumpy look [snowy egret]. And lastly, the Red Winged Blackbird was in amongst the others of his own kind, and the yellowheaded. All photos are from Port Aransas, Texas.


YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD
Habitat map: Blackbird


WILSON'S SNIPE
Habitat map: Snipe


GREAT EGRET
Habitat map: Egret


RED WINGED BLACKBIRD
Habitat map: Blackbird


GRUMPY EGRET [aka Snowy Egret]
Habitat map: Egret


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Always use HYPERLINK when using Linking Tool


Linking is Closed... Return on Saturday at NOON [central time zone, USA] for new tool.

19 comments:

  1. that yellow headed blackbird is fantastic! I have not seen one, even in photos, or if i saw one here i don't remember it. so very brilliant and beautiful... he is indeed looking grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The Yellow-headed Blackbird is a beauty! The Snipe is a favorite bird too, one of many. Your Egret images are wonderful. Thank you for hosting. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Anni!
    I've had problems with the blogspot ... My blog no longer appears in someone's blogroll ... I don't know if you can see my blog post ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellowheaded blackbird is quite striking! And I'd be grumpy too if no one would share with me! Beautiful photos. Hope the weather has greatly improved! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what great photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post today! The Yellow Headed photos are startling and amazing!! The Snipe is really cute! But the Grumpy Egret photo is so gorgeous! It is artistic, and just a glorious portrait of this bird. It ought to be on the cover of National Geographic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD is a stunning bird. So beautiful with that yellow head. And I love the snipe. Hopefully I will se some this summer.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Yellow-headed Blackbird is gorgeous and Grumpy Egret definitely looks very grumpy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing the different types of birds but have to say I love the colouring of the Yellow Headed Blackbird.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are beautiful captures. The Yellow headed blackbird is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful images! Perhaps the grumpy egret found out that people used to use their feathers to decorate their hats and killed many of them for fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to see the Yellow-headed Blackbird today Anni. It's one that doesn't get too much attention on blogs. Maybe it's just a little more uncommon than the Redhead? Your snipe pics are just super too. I hope the weather has turned a little warmer for you this week. Thanks for the link ☺️ today

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Yellow-headed Blackbird brings back very fond memories for me of a visit to Cheyenne Bottoms, KS in the spring, about twenty years ago, when there were literally thousands of them filling the air with that strange electronic sound they make. It was just one of many memorable moments of a couple of days spent there, including watching Northern Harriers picking off basking water snakes. Ah, memories........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful intimate and detailed portraits of all of the birds. Would love to see another Yellow-headed Blackbird and also get such a great vies of a Snipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore that grumpy egret photo! It is GREAT and certainly gave me a big smile!...jp

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish our blackbirds were as pretty as this. Thanks for hosting. Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely selection of bird photos. The two species of Blackbird are my favourites, but I think the Yellow Headed one is the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The egret does look grumpy. That's funny. I have a similiar observation on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. To me, the snipe is as beautiful as the blackbird or even the gorgeous egret. All birds are beautiful. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents