Campus Birds on the Bay....


A cold front that moved in over the weekend, created icy conditions  along with sleet falling here and there around town. But not for long. A slow trend of some warmer weather is now predicted. These photos were taken on a sunny, but windy, morning, behind the Texas A&M campus along the bay on Ward Island...


LONG BILLED CURLEW
Habitat map: Curlew


LESSER SCAUP
Habitat map: Scaup


NORTHERN PINTAIL
Habitat map: Pintail


GREATER YELLOWLEGS
Habitat map: Yellowlegs


BLACK BELLIED PLOVER
Habitat map: Plover


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking tool is now closed.

16 comments:

  1. It sure feels cold and dreary here today. But I've hiked so much the past few days, that I needed a day off! lol Love seeing those Northern Pintails all lovey dovey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these -- especially the pintails who look like they're having a romantic encounter )), Your header shot of the Bald Eagle is so much better than mine, but at least I got a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Curlew definitely lives up to the full name. And super pics of the Pintail, yellowlegs and the Grey Plover. Thanks for the link today 😊. Enjoy your weekend Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful collection of birds. Love them all. The last one, the BLACK BELLIED PLOVER, Not sure I have seen it. It´s a cutie. :) My feet would be cold walking there but this one probably don´t feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those kissing billing pintails. gorgeous details in these

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anni,

    I would love to see the Curlew. Great capture of the Pintails. All you birds and photos are beautiful. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so fortunate to be close to the ocean. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Pintails are kissing!! And the curlew is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful pictures! Wishing you better weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful photo of the one curlew...Long Billed Curlew. I just love the name Curlew...not that the others aren't wonderful. I just like it best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! It is really really cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Anni, :=) Super captures of the Long Billed Curlew, it's feathers are glowing, in the sun, the picture of the northern Pintail threw me for a second, thought there were two kissing birds, but then I saw another tail,! So I guess they huddled up for warmth. IT's a lovely capture. another beautiful capture is the Black-bellied Plover, with the shiny eye, it has a sweet face., and the Greater Yellowlegs is a completely new bird to me, also a lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww.... those Northern Pintails!! True love!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. As others have also commented, those pintails kissing is so lovely.
    Great selection of birds and photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great eagle portrait1 Long time since I have seen a curlew. Nice pair of Pintails too-- loved them all. Missed stopping by yesterday-- was preoccupied with getting COVID test which I hope will show that I have recovered and am safe to keep some medical appointments. Had to postpone several other appts because the bug was in the household and then I was the last to come down with it 2 weeks ago. Not very serious as I have had booster-- like a bad head cold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although I seem to say it every Winter, I really have to get down to the shore birds, Anni!!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents