It's All About Roseate Spoonbills




left: TRICOLORED HERON right: ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken:  Indian Point Park - Portland Texas near Corpus Christ




top: BLACK-NECKED STILT center: ROSEATE SPOONBILL
bottom: unknown breed of duck and behind spoonbills...unknown breed of sandpiper 
photo taken:  Oso Bay Corpus Christi Texas




ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken: Indian Point Park, Portland Texas [just outside Corpus Christi Texas]
Habitat Range in the Americas:





SPOONBILL IN FLIGHT
photo taken:  while driving near Oso Bay [Nile Road] Corpus Christi Texas 




ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken:  Oso Bay Corpus Christi Texas 




top: ROSEATE SPOONBILL bottom: FEMALE MALLARD
photo taken:  Oso Bay Corpus Christi Texas 




background: FEMALE SPOONBILL foreground: MALE ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken:  Indian Point Park - Portland Texas near Corpus Christi 




ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken:  Oso Bay Corpus Christi Texas 


21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are amazing! Where did you see them? I had never seen a flamingo or a peacock in my life until this spring, now my goal is to see a spoonbill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, they're all over the coastal areas of Texas...where there is water...they use their 'spoon bills' to feed.

      Delete
  2. Wow---those male Spoonbills are so pretty... Love those colors. Even the female is pretty --in her own way!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pastel, delicate color of the female better. LOL

      Delete
  3. Wow, those are beautiful birds Anni!

    Yellows at our Paddle Boats adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're so lucky to have these birds around you. I have never seen a flamingo. I hope to see one when I visit my brother in Tyler in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen flamingos here in the wild either...just in zoos.

      Delete
  5. So cool! They're so beautiful..

    Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweethomephilippines.com/2012/06/road-trip-state-college.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting again for RT 2- hope you can stop by:)

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/06/juicy-tomatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two visits from you today....thanks!!

      Delete
  7. Wow - beautiful birds!
    Fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these birds are beautiful! I know now why they are named spoonbill ^_^ Like there colors too. Thanks for joining Water World Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim!! Glad you enjoyed viewing the Spoonbills.

      Delete
  9. The are so beautiful and spectacular in flight, the female looks so dainty with her delicate pink coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents