Yes, I'd rather b birdin'...




AMERICAN AVOCET
photo taken: Oso Bay area - Hans Suter Refuge, Corpus Christi Texas
Habitat Range in North America:





AMERICAN COOT
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center, Port Aransas Texas
Habitat Range in North America:





COOPER'S HAWK
photo taken: Paradise Ponds, Port Aransas Texas
Habitat Range in North America:





COMMON EGRET
photo taken:  Packery Channel - Mustang Island Corpus Christi Texas 




TRI-COLORED HERON
[aka - Louisiana Heron]
photo taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center, Port Aransas Texas


12 comments:

  1. beautiful birds :-) beautiful views too :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. I'm addicted to birdin' these days....the array of waterfowl and 'backyard' birds around here is nearly limitless.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of a tri-colored heron!! And the Avocet, is it's beak tipped up at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Anni... I love seeing the loon. I've seen them at a distance but never close...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loons are very common around here...especially in the more protected water basins/bays.

      Delete
  4. Cool selection of birds. I've never seen nor heard of a tri colored heron, but he sure is beautiful.
    Rubbish By Roan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I've seen 'em darker than this particular one on this post...one I have is nearly 'black'...but just as beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I'm a hyperlinking fool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous....I love how you have them in 'cameo' framing. Tri-colored Heron is gorgeous.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents