'Backyard' birds....



White Winged Dove

Male Cardinal

White Winged Dove

Female Cardinal

White Winged Dove


35 comments:

  1. I love the bkue around the eye of the White Winged Dove. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series Anni. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty, pretty Anni. You have some delightful close-ups here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the white-wings better hunker down and find cover, being that dove season just started sept 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that, but that explains the near disappearance of them in our yard this past couple of weeks.

      Delete
  5. the white winged dove is so beautiful. I saw it in CostaRica. A real treat. First shot is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the backyard birds this week

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's always nice to know you enjoy my photos.

      Delete
  7. Love how you frame your bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely captures of your yardbirds, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing all of your bird pictures... The one (female Cardinal) framed with what looks like fern is fabulous. Thanks!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's a mesquite tree [I like 'em especially because they too remind me of ferns.]

      Delete
  10. The cardinal - one of my favorites. I don't feed much in the summer so I'm looking forward to seeing them again as fall and winter approach.
    I have the doves year round. Sweet birds.

    Lovely framed shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I had been missing all of this because I didn't follow the new blog! I was linking up on Wednesdays, but very late for the linky party...oh well. I have remedied the following part, and will have to figure out what to do about the other! Having said all that, I love the series - I don't know that I have seen the white-winged dove here. Our doves are mourning doves...the cardinals we have all the time, and they are among my favorite birds. Love the way you frame them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's okay Linda, no need to feel that visiting is mandatory, I know how it goes and understand completely.

      Delete
  12. Very nice pictures of the dove and cardinals!
    The dove looks much smaller than those living in Sweden
    and the beautiful cardinals I have never seen! /Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the cardinals are one of my favorites...I'm sure it's because of their striking color. Your doves are larger? Wow...I bet they're something to view then.

      Delete
    2. Hi again! I understand why you like the cardinals! It's very beautiful.
      I'm not sure if our doves are so special though. If you are interested you can look at my labels at the bottom of the page, if not translated: seek for the swedish word DUVA or we also had some visits from a turkish dove, TURKDUVA, but that one is more like yours, a little bit smaller.
      Have a nice weekend! /Pia

      Delete
  13. I do get these in my backyard ;) ... I love to see them all in and around the trees and the wires.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents