Have you ever had a geek week from hell? I sure have experienced it this week! First, the virus protection automatically updated...then, the following morning when I booted up, the whole shebang crashed. I tried updating everything to no avail. Did a virus scan, malware, spyware full scans and they each found nothing. I then thought, it has to be the virus update!! So, I went in and did a system restore to the date before the update. And if you've ever done a system restore you know how long it takes...seems to last an eternity! And by then, my patience was wearing thin. I could NOT keep the computer up and running long enough to visit anyone for any amount of time. So, I'll still try to catch up on those who stopped by this past week. With all the extra time resetting, rebooting, revamping back to the earlier date, I did not have much time allowed for me to get any of my newest photos I've taken the past few days out of my camera and framed for this week's post. I hope that the Linky Tool works properly as I was near my wits' end when I set it up. If it's not working according to plan, I do apologize and ask you to leave a link in the comments. If it IS working --- praise be!! At least something's working right. LOL So, I went into my birdin' folder and picked these out...all of the GREAT BLUE HERON - just different areas. They are such a common bird along the coasts and bay waters, I have what is probably a 'gazillion' photos in my folders! LOL But, I never tire of their beauty and their 'facial expressions' of boredom or grumpiness....
photo taken: Oso Bay's Hans Suter Nature Refuge - Corpus Christi, Texas
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas
photo taken: Oso Bay - Corpus Christi, Texas
photo taken: Oso Bay - Corpus Christi, Texas
photo taken: Texas A&M Corpus Christi Birding Trail





Nice pictures you show.
ReplyDeleteAnnoying with PC problems, hope that "they" have been resolved, so your PC is okay again .....
Wish you a good weekend :)
Hanne Bente
love the classic 's' neck in the 2nd and the beard in the 3rd. nice! glad you're back up and running!
ReplyDeleteWhat you describe is the reason I switched to an iMac ... and have never regretted it and I certainly don't miss the gazillion updates that always seemed to be coming in.
ReplyDeleteI love heron photos and never tire of seeing them.
Hope next week improves for you.
Anni, I feel your pain. There is no greater time sink than to be mired in computer Hades.
ReplyDeleteI am planning to switch to a Mac also - soon, I hope! I have spent many hours updating everything this week, and am tired of the whole business! Love these photos...I will be linking up, late again, on Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your PC problems and I wish you a speedy resolution. Always frustrating. Loved your photos of the birds here. I have linked up and thanks again for the info.
ReplyDeleteLovely shots, Anni!
ReplyDeleteI love the beard in the 3rd one and the stance in the last one!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got everything up and running again.
You got some great shots. I have to agree, the feathery beard is great. I like the following one where it is preening, or sleeping?
ReplyDeletewhat kind of virus protctin software are you using? I had a lot of trouble for months and then it crashed. It turned out to be McAffee that was the problem. In the end I had to remove the entire software I had payed dearly for. Then as magic everything worked fine. Now I use the Microsofts own software for virus protection. It is free to use so if you have any of the windows or vista you can use it. After two months I am still without problems. Good luck! If you have McAffee I can try to find the links for you.
ReplyDeleteDiscovering such views is a wonderful adventure. I am greeting
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, Love the heron shots. They are great birds to see. Sorry about the computer problems. Thanks for hosting and I hope you are having a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLinky seems to be working OK Anni. Love the heron shots. I know how you feel about the PC - our laptop died this weekend and we had to go out to the store and buy a new one.
ReplyDeleteLove the whole post!! I'm having trouble with connecting to most of the posts except for Ken's, Pat's, Roan's, and Denise in VA. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are stunning. Sorry the computer was giving you such a hard time.
ReplyDeleteI can get on this post, but not on your WBW post. In fact I had it then lost it. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of all the herons. I simpathise with your "geek week from hell"! and I do hope everything is back to normal now.
ReplyDelete