Charlie's Pasture



WHITE IBISES
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas, Texas


WESTERN KINGBIRD
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas, Texas


WESTERN KINGBIRD TRIO
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas, Texas


KILDEER
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas, Texas




AMERICAN AVOCET
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas, Texas





connecting to:
Wild Bird Wednesday [link on sidebar]
Wordless Wednesday
Water World Wednesday



47 comments:

  1. i've been happy to have a couple of ibises coming through here this past week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such neat shots of the birds...I managed a good shot of a kildeer once...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....to be honest this is the one and only I've ever photographed.

      Delete
  3. Sweet....Kingbirds and Avocets....and Ibises.....they have been coming around here as well. I enjoy seeing them at our watering holes. You have some beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...where oh where do you see 'watering holes' in Tucson? I remember Sabino Canyon and the Agua Caliente parks....is that where YOU go?

      Delete
  4. The first photo looks like they are on something, hmmm!!


    Visiting from Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What exotic looking birds you found! They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...to me they're just plain birds, not too exotic, but they ARE pretty none the less.

      Delete
  6. A great series of birds and all very different from those we have in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...indeed...I so envy your Aussies with your array of wild birds.

      Delete
  7. some lovely snapshots here, I liked the western kingbird especially

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see the White Ibis. We have the Oriental White Ibis here which has a black beak. The pink beak of the White Ibis looks great.

    The American Avocet is a pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I remember your ibis post a couple of days ago...they too are pretty birds.

      Delete
  9. Was für wundervolle Vögel liebe Anni. Hab auch noch einige, aber heute zeige ich andere Beiträge, da es auch alles Projkte sind und wenn ich wieder mehr Zeit habe, dann mach ich hier auch wieder mit.

    Liebe Grüße von Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I believe the word is Danke? Anyway, thanks 'Tilda.

      Delete
  10. Great birds, Anni! The Western Kingbirds are pretty and I love the White Ibis. The Avocets are just darn cute. Great photos. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy to know you enjoyed the photos Eileeen.

      Delete
  11. Thats a great set of pictures - I think the Kildeer is going its own version of the goose step!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I may be influenced by what reading material I'm reading but it's like a Hitler March.

      Delete
  12. Great series of bird shots. I'm only familiar with the kildeer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well then, I hope sometime soon you'll repay me a visit to view more bird photos!!

      Delete
  13. those shots are lovely! :)

    Dropping by from Water World Wednesday…Approaching Davao

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bird shots...I could sit n watch the birds all day long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too, if the house is trashy, I try to not notice this when there are birds or birdin' ahead. LOL

      Delete
  15. Noble trio in that first shot. How fortunate that you have all those great subject since you'd "rather be birdin'"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...watching them around here is always a different treat...and most often a whole new bird yet unseen by me in the 'wild'

      Delete
  16. I'm learning more about various birds here :)
    Came from watery meme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely collection here, love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the American Avocet. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love killdeer, but don't see them often. The rest are new to me. Thanks for sharing. Raptor migration must be quite a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to see a whole slew of hawks tho...always just one or two at a time.

      Delete
  20. I love Kildeer too. My Mom-in-Law has them on the parking lot behind her. Funny little birds, so busy and always moving with a sense of purpose! The Kingbird Trio, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Back again to thank you for the info :)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful images as usual, Anni. I especially love the flycatcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...they are very attractive and I've noticed a very proud bird!!

      Delete

Table of Contents