Paradise Pond


Paradise Pond, in Port Aransas, Texas...on Mustang Island has always been quite a fruitful birding area. Except for the last few months...the town of Port "A" has drained the water from the pond so they can eliminate a species of tree that is not native to the land since it's become very invasive. Tho the water is drained, and the personnel are working to clean out the area, there are still two natural springs that provide water for the birds. Along the boardwalk, with a good pair of eyes [or binoculars] you can see birds if you're quiet enough to listen to where they're located. As I walked along the boardwalk one day, I happened to spy a hawk, within the deep shadows to the morning light, at one of the water outlets [the 2nd photo from the top...if you look to the far right and background you can see the water trickling from the outlet] bathing. It was very plump, so I'm thinking it was grooming itself after the day's meal. I stood and watched it for some time...it eventually flew up into the tree where the sun would hit it to finish it's preening....






COOPER'S HAWK
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas


connecting to:
Wild Bird Wednesday [link on sidebar]
Camera Critters [link on sidebar]

34 comments:

  1. coopers have such beautiful feathers and colorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I took a few photos of some birds in captivity this past week, but nothing compares to the ones that are taken in the wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Coopers Hawk, I had one often during the summer months but haven't seen him in my yard in over a month. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you were seeing this beauty!
    Very nice photos too!
    Thanks for your nice comment, Anni!
    Greetings Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you're welcome Pia...and thank YOU for paying me a visit.

      Delete
  5. Great captures!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sighting of the hawk! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and a magnificent bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice find! Cooper's are welcome in my yard:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had 'em in my yard...but close, in a neighbor's tree. :o)

      Delete
  9. Nice bird - its a good job there is still some water there for the birds.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for hosting WBW Stewart. And thanks for the positive feedback.

      Delete
  10. Dear Anni,

    over and over again you show wonderful bird's pictures, with pleasure I also take part once more, however, has at the moment some projects and sometime I would also like to show sometimes my holiday photos and also still summer photos.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the compliments 'Tilda. I know whatever you share on your posts they'll be great.

      Delete
  11. Very nice and soon the leaves shall be down and we can view these birds even closer...fun~

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look cute hehe.
    Visiting from Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. AH! Coopers hawks are on my list of want-to-find-and-photograph birds! Just a tad jealous here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! They love to hang around bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...seriously? I've not seen any around ours tho, must be too much human activity.

      Delete
  15. great catches....he even has some bluish feathers! impressive shots of impressive bird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I think it's just the shadowing of the area that makes them look 'blue'.

      Delete

Table of Contents