This past Sunday we woke to a severe drop in temperature and high winds. But, being that it's been such a long hot summer, I was eager to be outdoors; windy or not!!! We drove over the Harbor Bridge and beyond the North bay area to stop at a great area for water fowl. There are many many ponds that is a common habitat for many different birds. And, as I say the winds were fierce...kept the birds from flying out of my lens too quickly as they normally do when trying to capture them in flight. LOL ...also, as you can tell by the 3rd photo down, the winds also kept me from holding the camera steady. Four of the photos were taken as we walked the hiking trail. The one of the white pelican in flight was after we left this area and the sun came out full strength and we then walked the birding trail behind the campus along the bay shore---

GREAT BLUE HERON
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

WHITE PELICAN
photo taken: Oso Bay - Texas A&M Birding Trail - Corpus Christi, Texas

CORMORANT
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

BROWN PELICANS
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

COMMON EGRET
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas
connecting to:
Wild Bird Wednesday [link on sidebar]
Water World Wednesday

GREAT BLUE HERON
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

WHITE PELICAN
photo taken: Oso Bay - Texas A&M Birding Trail - Corpus Christi, Texas

CORMORANT
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

BROWN PELICANS
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas

COMMON EGRET
photo taken: Indian Point Park - Portland, Texas
connecting to:
Wild Bird Wednesday [link on sidebar]
Water World Wednesday
Really nice flying shots! Wow, pelicans! Those I've never seen, they don't live in Sweden.
ReplyDeleteGreetings Pia
All these birds in flight look so majestic! I think my favourite is the last photo of the snowy egret because I love the spread of feathers on the wing tip!
ReplyDeleteGreat series of birds!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeletethe pelicans are nice. i like the last egret soaring, too.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, these are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds, Anni! I have always loved to see the Pelicans. Both the White and Brown Pelicans are cool looking birds!
ReplyDeleteGreat5 shots.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for a change in weather-- it's still like midsummer here in south Florida. Very beautiful images!
ReplyDeleteYou got some great action shots! Nice.
ReplyDeleteGreat inflight photos but the wind certainly looks strong.
ReplyDeleteWow---you got some gorgeous shots, Anni... My favorite is the one of the two pelicans... Awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCold here this week. We have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace all week... Love it!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Great photos of the birds in flight! My favorites are the white pelican and the two brown ones.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots Anni!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Water World Wednesday
Kim,USA
Beautiful birds, such views are enrapturing. I am greeting
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing those wonderful birds!
ReplyDeleteHi there - I think flight shots are what digital was made for!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to WBW
Stewart M - Australia