Around town, in the suburb, & on Mustang Island...



BROWN PELICAN
photo taken: Port Aransas Ship Channel Jetty - Port Aransas, Texas
Habitat Range:





GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken: Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
Habitat Range:



NORTHERN CARDINAL [male]
photo taken: Hans Suter Nature Reserve - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:



LEAST FLYCATCHER
photo taken: Hans Suter Nature Reserve - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:



SWAINSON'S HAWK
[?]
photo taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas

note: If it is a Swainson's Hawk [I apologize for it being a bit blurry...it was watching me, and I rushed without much time for focusing---flying off just after I snapped the shutter!! The only hawk I found with 'white' around its beak and eyes in my ID book is Swainson's.
Habitat Range:











20 comments:

  1. love the brown pelican and the kiskadee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni
    Nice pictures you show.
    Wish you a Happy New Year - thanks for 2012
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely series Anni. Thanks for a year of wonderful posts and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni, great collection of birds and photos. I love the pelican and the Hawk was a nice sighting. Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend! I wish you and yours a very Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots, Anni.. love the colorful Great Kiskadee and Cardinal.
    Have Happy New Year with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Anni,

    wie immer wunderschön deine Vögel und ich möchte dir einen guten Jahreswechsel wünschen.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great group of birds, Anni... I still have a 'thing' for those red Cardinals!!!!!!

    Hope you are having a great time OFF... We certainly are.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful birds you have chosen to share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting birds, once again. Nice hawk.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kiskadee is a very interesting looking bird. Love that you shared with us all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collection! Especially enjoyed the photo of the flycatcher...
    Have a Happy New Year! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pelican has that "wise" look usually attributed to owls. Love the cardinal's and kiskadee's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, I love the colourful Kiskadee, and its name too. Thanks for hosting - have a great weekend and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love athe pelican. :)

    wishing you a Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year and thank you for hosting! I haven't seen a kiskadee since we spent those winters in Port A...thanks for the great memories (still the best birding place we've ever been). All your pictures are great. Brown pelicans always make me laugh...so for that reason alone I love them greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got out today and did get some shots of my water fowl. It was freezing cold again today so a bird hunt was out of the question. But, I am so glad to take part in this. I will visit all of the other links in the morning.

    Thanks again for letting me know about this!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my I forgot to tell you how very beautiful your shots are!! This is one of my favorite spots! Thanks for hosting Anni!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great series of beautiful birds, I love the colorful Kiskadee.
    Thanks for hosting, Anni.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents