

YELLOW BELLIED FLYCATCHER [?]
photo taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas


BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


EASTERN WOOD PEWEE
photo taken: Hans Suter Reserve - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


BALTIMORE ORIOLE
photo taken: Our back yard - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


?EGRET or White Morph Heron?
photo taken: Texas A&M Hiking/Birding Trail - Corpus Christi, Texas
Once again, this bird has no yellow feet, so it can't be a snowy egret, right? And it has no yellow beak so it can't be a common egret...so is it a heron in white morph? Ack!! So many challenges, so little knowledge.
The duck feet are great. I guess you can be fast in the water or have elegant feet, but not both.
ReplyDeleteLove those PINK legs!!!!! Great set of pictures, Anni.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a Merry Birdie Christmas.
Hugs
Betsy
Beautiful photo series showing.
ReplyDeleteThe green bird is really nice - anders feet look "a little" funny.
Wish you a good weekend :)
Hanne Bente
The Whistling ducks are my favorite, I just love these cute ducks and their pink feet. Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteLove those feet!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteWell you know I love them...need I say more? Thanks for sharing Anni. I was busy all week and will be until after the 1st. I missed my Great Blue Heron yesterday afternoon.*sigh*!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birdin' to you!!:-)
Oh the challenges of bird identification! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what the last one is, either, but it sure is cute! It amazes me how far the tiny birds go for winter. Thanks for including the map detail.
ReplyDeleteLove the BBWD photo! Nice close up! The oriole is beautiful! The last one looks more egret to me in the head, but I really don't know. We don't see egrets around here and I'm not an expert in the different morphs.
ReplyDeleteYou showed one of my favourite bird family Anni - orioles - thanks. By the way my Jay is a European Jay.
ReplyDeleteWow, those are big feet on the whistling-duck! Its year-round range also includes the entire Florida peninsula, an odd omission on the Cornell Lab's map, unless it did not copy correctly. Those small flycatchers are tough-- your photo has excessive green hue, so this makes it almost impossible to tell which one it is from that view alone. The last bird is a Snowy Egret-- perhaps the feet were in shadow, or were muddy. I have seen yellowlegs and Least Sandpipers with black rather than yellow legs due to wading in the mud. Thanks for hosting this site!
ReplyDeleteDelightful captures of these beautiful birds, Anni. I love the Egrets feathery top-knot and Whistling Ducks big rosy feet :)
ReplyDeleteGreat shot of the Black-bellied Whistling Duck Anni and a classic pose of the Eastern Wood-pewee! I agree with Ken on the Snowy. It may also be an immature bird that doesn't have the bright yellow feet yet ;-)
ReplyDelete