
CORMORANT
photo taken: Texas A&M Nature Trail - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


CATTLE EGRET
photo taken: Hans Suter Nature Reserve - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:




LONG BILLED CURLEW
photo taken: Texas A&M Nature Trail - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


HOUSE SPARROW
photo taken: Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:

Great shots of the Cormorant in flight- puffy Cattle Egret- Wow what a beak Long-billed Curlew and sweet little House Sparrow.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting TBD Anni ~:)
I enjoy seeing the different birds you get down south. The house sparrow is a regular visitor to our gardens.
ReplyDeletethe cattle egret is a great shot. and i'd love to see a curlew!
ReplyDeleteThe cattle egret looks quite intimidating with its fluffed out feathers! And the curlew has an extraordinarily long beak! It's a wonder it doesn't get caught in foliage! Great photos!
ReplyDeleteNice shots! I love the egret and curlew! Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteGreat birds, Anni! I love the Cattle Egrets, they are so cute. And the Curlew is my other favorite. Wonderful post! Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteJaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....frei wie ein Vogel und dann noch Sonnenschein, das wäre super.
ReplyDeleteEinen schönen Sonntag wünsche ich dir.
LG Mathilda ♥
Thanks for this wonderful post.
ReplyDeleteYour cormorant photos brought back happy memories to me. As a boy I used to admire them sitting on the tops of wooden breakers (wave breakers situated near jetties and beaches), wings outstretched, drying off after a recent dive. Magnificent, albeit slightly sinister looking creatures.
Nowadays I see egrets on a daily basis, but the little devils won't stay still for long enough for me to take a decent photo. Maybe one day..... Anyway, now I can admire yours instead.
And the house sparrow. I have yet to visit anywhere in the world where there aren't millions of these mischievous little darlings.
Great image series showing the birds :) Hanne Bente
ReplyDelete"Long-billed" is an understatement on the Curlew.
ReplyDeleteOh how I love seeing your photos of these beautiful birds. Love the Curlew with its long beak, so interesting and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow, the long-billed curlew!
ReplyDeleteGreat Egret shot!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteHi Anni! Thanks so much for stopping by my place and introducing yourself! It's always nice meeting other bird enthusiasts. I'll add my spottings to your meme when I post new "Feathered Portraits"!
ReplyDeletelove the LONG BILLED CURLEW. Is that another bird the bill seems unusually long.
ReplyDeleteAnd you have a great shot of the cattle egret.
Your curlew shot is really nice....so enjoy seeing the birds and who they are!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of the Egret! Thanks for hosting :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds! We just got up and personal with Neotropic and Double-crested Cormorants!!! Very cool birds!
ReplyDeleteAmazing shot of the Long-billed Curlew Anni. You captured well how long the bill really is compared to our Eurasian Curlew and Whimbrel. Thanks for hosting us birders again.
ReplyDeleteThe long-billed curlew is awesome! The cattle egret is one of my favorites because of the orange coloring. Nice images, Anni. Thank you so much for hosting!
ReplyDeleteVery nice shots! The information about the House Sparrow is very interesting. They have been “introduced” to America. Just for pleasure or for a specific purpose? House Sparrows are very invasive. I wonder if their introduction to the New World habitat had any negative impact for local species.
ReplyDelete