Who Will Rescue Me?


This week, just an eclectic set of photos taken last weekend on the island before a couple of rainy, winter fronts moved in. One egret, the last one in the post, I saved for showing off its balance and expertise. It's too comical really...I dubbed it "The Can Can Dancer" or...perhaps an auditioner for NYC's Rockettes [do they even exist these days?]. Awww, shoot, maybe the craze of line dancing is breaking ground in the bird world.  Perhaps from the movie Rescuers and the Albatross, Orville, shouting out:  "May Day, May Day" when he comes in for a rough landing!!   Who knows. But... 'Nough said. Anyway, the species of birds, since they've all been posted before with other photos, I will refrain from redundancy in adding the habitat maps, etc. Their names will be found in the labels this week. Remember to wait for  the last photo to load  tho...I hope you can laugh along with me!






By the way, the movie, The Rescuers [1977], is a classic, Disney, animated movie.  I loved it back when our kids were little ones...and still enjoy it today.  You can watch it with your grandkids...online, free....HERE

Now share your birding experiences:






For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

50 comments:

  1. Loved the first one for its balletic grace and the last one for its awkwardness! :-) And every one in between! I didn't realize your meme was open till tomorrow...I'm getting ready to post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opens for linking every Saturday at noon [TX time] Marie. Glad you enjoyed this today.

      Delete
  2. Anni, what a wonderful collection of birds.. I love all the herons and the spoonbill. The last egret shot is awesome... I am not sure if I have seen the movie the Rescuers. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good movie...a kid's movie, but still a good one to see.
      Thanks Eileen

      Delete
  3. I loved The Rescuers! Great shots, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too...that movie was so darned cute.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Bird shots! You know, I've never seen The Rescuers! I should find a copy and watch. :)
    Glad to be joining in again....kitchen renovations and other things kept me from bird watching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots, Anni! Thank you for hosting and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun! Thanks for the movie link. I already sent it to our granddaughters. Thank you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Graciela will enjoy it. Let me know.

      Delete
  7. I really like those pictures, all sorts of herons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots. I like the night herons hiding in the grass. They think you can't see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike....I can't leave a comment thru disquis...sorry. Know I appreciate your linking this weekend. Loved the Whistling Ducks.

      Delete
  9. These are wonderful, wonderful pictures!! The egret looks like he is literally dancing! The last one, coming in for a landing, is outstanding. The first picture is awesome, it is my favorite! Still loving your purple background! Purple is a royal color, and you are the Queen of Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Ruth, your kind words are nice to read. Hope you're enjoying your blogging break.

      Delete
  11. Absolutely stunning photos - what a great opportunity for some superb shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you so much JoAnn [I loved your eagles]

      Delete
  12. Great photos and interesting birds. A Happy New Near to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many great species you see in one day. I think I live in the wrong place :)

    And...last shot is hillarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many shots of the contortionist! The last is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots! A fellow blogger alerted me to link my blog here today. Thanks to Hootin Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant photos Anni, you got some beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous - warm - shots! I also love the dancer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your commentary made me smile, Anni :) As for the photos, they are wonderful. Beautiful landing in that last one, and I'll bet there were no simulators at his flight school!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting me twice on Saturday Anni. I'm catching up now after being laid low by the most awful common cold." Too much time spent in drafty cold places and standing around birding" says my better half.

    You captured those egrets iand herons in some wonderful poses to show us how such elegant birds can sometimes look ungainly.

    Thanks for hosting Id Rather B throughout 2014. Here's to 2015 - cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow ! These are so beautiful birds ! I love the last picture and this lovely bird in the dance :)
    Have a nice Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni, sterling shots. Happy New Year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Anni What a wonderful collection of shots about heselovely birds. Northern Ireland is what I meant to write as I am sure you knew and I have corrected it now. Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome captures, such a great variety of birds!! I am happy to be here this week and to have remembered on my own!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bless them, very one and how beautiful they all are, even if a few are about to flounder ;) Happy Week Anni~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I love the dancing bird! The other shots are also excellent but that one is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anni, I'm back from my little break from blogging, and Happy New Year to you! I LOVED your post today - Such a wonderful variety of birds you shared. Very NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful serie!
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A stunning array of different birds. Ikmvind the pink spoonbill really quite unique to see. In the Netherlands you have not these beautiful birds. I wish you all beautiful and good and blessed 201.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Herons are such special birds and the egret is indeed very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, wow, I love the variety of birds pictured here. They are fantastic! The first and last ones are awesome and giggle-inducing, but the ones in between are sweet, too. Thank you for hosting, sweet Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Can-can it is :) or maybe a 'ta-da' I did it. Beautiful photos and so much variety. I'm glad you took the chance to get out before the weather makes you stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your photos are terrific, I love the egret photos preening in such contorted positions and doing the can can, and I like pink birds in flight, I find that a hard thing to photograph with the quick little birds around here.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents