November Birds...


Taken on several different days this month, I'm sharing some "November Birds":  The Tern image, below, is a bit of a challenge, I may have mis-ID'd it.  If wrong, please correct me!!  Most times, with terns, I would like to, secretly, say "U Tern, Wrong Tern, Right Tern, Left Tern or....TERN around"!  [kidding].  Thing is, the winter plumage and colors are different in most cases....even more challenging.


Broad Winged Hawk
photo taken:  Rose Hill Cemetery - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Hawk


Reddish Egrets [white morph]
photo taken:  Charlie's Pasture North - Port A, Texas
habitat map:  Egret


Scissortailed Flycather
photo taken:  Pollywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Flycatcher


Little Blue Heron
photo taken:  Indian Point Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Heron


Common Tern [winter plumage] (Forsters?}
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes - Portland, Texas
habitat map:  Tern


Scarlet Tanager
photo taken:  West Guth Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Tanager


Northern Cardinal
photo taken:  Pollywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Cardinal


American Wigeon
photo taken:  Pollywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Wigeon


Crested Caracara
photo taken:  Near Corpus Christi Ship Channel - Port A, Texas
habitat map:  Caracara


Great Blue Heron
photo taken:  Paradise Pond - Port A, Texas
habitat map:  Heron



This photo is huge *4265x640 pixels!  Panoramic View of estimated 1000
Redhead Ducks
photo taken:  Leonabelle Bird Refuge - Port A Texas
habitat map:  Duck


Now share your birding experiences:







For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

11 comments:

  1. As always your photos are fantastic !!!
    Happy weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, what an awesome variety of birds. The Tanager and the Caracara are two of my favorites. Wonderful photos. Thank you for hosting, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the Crested Caracara. Have a beautiful weekend Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over 1000 redhead ducks? That is AMAZING! What a sight! And I love the variety of birds you've seen this month. We went for a hike and saw a lot of birds but nothing really exciting. I took about 30 pics of a bird from a distance and it turned out to be a mockingbird! haha! Love your new holiday banner! Hugs, Diane (PS...so you missed me, did you? I'm happy to be back in FL now!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, was smiling a lot at your "terns" :) And I thought; what a pitty I can´t use it that way in Swedish. Our word "tärna" sounds almost identical as "tern" but the meaning is all wrong.

    I probably said it before, you have so many great birds in your area I envy you. Gorgeous photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got that egret grabbing a big fish right out of the water!!!! I had thought everything else would fade away after seeing that, but the rest are so good too! A Caracara...they are rather exotic and I did not think any were even in this country! Amazing little blue heron and cardinal shots, so professional. And a gorgeous wigeon. I should start calling you "The Bird Whisperer"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos! I like your tern joke. Not as bad as "Leave no tern unstoned" though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Anni,:) Your November sightings and photos are a pleasure to see.
    I love the expression on the Caracara's face, what an incredible bird. How I wish I could see the Scarlet Tanager and the Northern Cardinal here in Portugal, their bright red plumage is so beautiful. Love the sweet Scissortail, your action shots, and that last photo is awesome,...I've never seen such a large gathering of ducks before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Anni. And wow, that must have been one fantastic sight of 1000 Redheads. Are you sure you counted right? Exactly 1000? Just kidding as you know. I too love those caracaras as there's nothing quite like them over here. They always look to have an intelligent expression whenever I see them on other blogs too.

    Can't help much with the tern except that it doesn't appear to have dark in the primary feathers and the bill looks rather substantial? Over to you.

    Have a good week ahead. And yes, I'd love to visit South Texas - maybe one day pardner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, as always, your photos are next to real! Love that Hawk...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents