Birds of Prey


These raptors have been seen around my area at different times/different days...


BALD EAGLE
photo taken:  Texas State Aquarium
habitat map:  Eagle




PEREGRINE FALCON
photos taken:  Mustang Island Highway - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Falcon






OSPREY
photos taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands and Indian Point Park - Corpus Christi
habitat map:  Osprey


AMERICAN KESTREL
photos taken:  Charlies Pasture South - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Kestrel



WHITE TAILED HAWK
photos taken:  Mustang Island Highway - Corpus Christi
and
Padre Island National Seashore Park - North Padre Island
habitat map:  Hawk


Now share your birding experiences:









For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

17 comments:

  1. Hello Anni!:) All of these birds are stunning raptors. I don't believe I have ever seen the American Kestrel before, what a colourful bird. Superb captures Anni. Thank you for hosting, and have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking!! Your shots literally made me gasp! Your bald eagle is sharp and fierce. The sweet but fierce Kestrel and his beautiful coloring! And the gorgeous White tailed. I have some hawk pictures, this reminds me that I should post them. You have made my DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all raptors and so different from each other. It is an amazing world :)

    Thanks for sharing your beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eagle portrait is truly impressive, and I also love seeing the Peregrine in various poses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous images of so many birds of prey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy all your birds of prey ... beautiful eagle shots...mine is at the awkward age! Envy your flight shots. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Anni; Among your wonderful collection of prey, I love the sweet little AMERICAN KESTREL♪ So lovely and I first didn't notice its beak so I checked with the picture page p;-) Thank you so much for hosting, Dear friend.
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these...I don't know why, but seeing birds of prey always gives me a thrill. And any day we see a Bald Eagle is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos!
    Love the Kestrel! I saw one once at a wildlife rehab place. A truly beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anni, fantastic captures of the raptors. Love the closeups. The Falcon and the White-tailed hawk are some of my favorites. Thanks for hosting. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birds of prey are beautiful but very dangerous for the small birds that inhabit our gardens! I admire your pictures!!
    Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for adding my link and especially thank you for the prayers. I have managed to get sick now with some kind of bad cold. Hopefully it will run it's course...quickly. Love seeing the eagle up close. I feel like I could reach out and touch it! Beautiful! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super collection of raptors Anni. Every birder I know likes raptors. there's just something rather special about the way they live their lives, usually far away from prying human eyes. It's sad that in the past we humans have persecuted raptors. Sadly those days are not fully over but I like to think that blogs like your hekp people to apppreciate these wonderful creatures.

    Tahnks for letting me join in your birding weekend again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I would love to capture a Kestral by photo of course :) Nice shots- have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such incredible images! It's been way too long since I've seen an eagle. About the only birds of prey I get to see regularly are the hawks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Anni, Anni, Anni...you KNOW I am the biggest raptor fan ever!!! These shots are flipping amazing...all smiles and goosebumps...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents