Heres Lookin' At You....


One of my favorite poses I try for, other than the identifying colors and markings on a bird, I love having them looking at the camera lens directly. Over the last few months, I've collected these for this post. "Here's Looking at You Kid!"


NORTHERN CARDINAL
photo taken:  Our backyard - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Cardinal


OSPREY
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes - Portland, Texas
habitat map:  Osprey


ANHINGA
photo taken:  Hans Suter Refuge - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Anhinga


BROWN PELICAN
photo taken:  Marina - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map:  Pelican



NORTHERN HARRIER [female]
photo taken:  Leonabelle Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map:  Harrier




LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE and LADDERBACKED WOODPECKER
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture [Port A, TX] and Rose Hill Cemetery [Corpus Christi, TX]
habitat maps:  Shrike and Woodpecker


GREAT TAILED GRACKLE and Immature OSPREY
photos taken:  our yard [Corpus Christi, TX] and Indian Point Park [Corpus Christi, TX]
habitat maps:  Grackle and Osprey


AMERICAN KESTREL and GRAY CATBIRD
photos taken:  Hwy 361 and Paradise Pond - Port A, Texas
habitat maps:  Kestrel and Catbird


MYRTLE WARBLER
photo taken:  Packery Channel Park - NORTH Padre Island
habitat map:  Warbler


AMERICAN BITTERN
photo taken:  Leonabelle Refuge - Port A, TX.
habitat map:  Bittern


LINCOLN'S SPARROW
photo taken:  Sunset Lakes Park - Portland Texas
habitat map:  Sparrow


OSPREY
photo taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands - Corpus Christi, TX
habitat map:  Osprey


GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken:  Paradise Pond - Port A Texas
habitat map:  Kiskadee



Happy April Fool's Day....48 years ago, my firstborn graced our family!! Happy Birthday Irene!!



Now share your birding experiences:








For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

22 comments:

  1. What amazing photos, Anni! I love some of those "looks" especially the Kiskadee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful birds come back over here.
    Wonderful to see all these fine feathered friends :-)

    Yours, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you!! How cool is that? So many species looking right at you. You are so lucky to have that much at home or rather close. :) Love teh Osprey and the look on the Brown Pelican. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome, and very special post. I lOVE your theme and love each and every photo! Some of my favorites are the osprey turning his head and looking down at you, the goofy yet beautiful pelican, the angry looks of the grackle and young osprey, the cute puffed up warbler, the rarely seen bittern, and the Kikadee has his head cocked, almost as far turned as an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni. A glorious collection of 'Here's looking at you'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Irene! Love these photos...they really strike a pose for you in each and every one! Would love to see that ladderbacked woodpecker! How odd he looks! Enjoy your weekend! We're watching the birdfeeders today and that's enjoyable too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That Brown Pelican! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, what an awesome collection of birds. I think the pelican and the punk rock looking osprey are some of my favorites today. Happy Birthday to your daughter Irene.
    Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Thanks also for hosting. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The eyes have it" indeed! Wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since our "northern" cardinal comes all the way to Texas, how about sending up anhingas up here so I can photograph them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, no ”lyin' eyes” here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !!! That is a beautiful collection of birds !! I love this red bird!
    What a pity that he does not live here in Poland!
    Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you clearly now Anni. Great series there of birds looking directly at us. I wonder what they see down there at the other end of the lens? They do seem to know that something is going on. I do find that as soon as they hear the shutter they "freeze" a little and often give another chance for a picture. Bt the way it's "phylloscopus" shortened to phyllosc by us birders, a family of samll brown/green warblers that re often trick to ID. That's why we love 'em.

    Have fun my Texas gal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Anni!:) Wow! You really did a great job with this Humdinger of a post, if you'll excuse the expression, it just popped into my head. Excellent photos of so many birds all looking at you kiddo,...what's the matter with me today!! Love them all!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos Anni! I love how they are looking right at you. They seem to be posing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well those birds were very cooperative for you to look right into your lens Anni. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, ahhh yes, and I love every single one of these...when they look at the camera, you just have to think...I wonder what they are thinking. I hope she gets a nice liking of me. You did a great job with all of them but I simply must say...Oh My Goodness the Northern Harrier and the Anhinga, for me, are my most favorites. Hoping that you enjoy your week Anni. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are all gorgeous but that cardinal, WoW!!! what an amazing capture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic set of photos, quite a few of the birds I know, but some I dont , and that makes it all the more interesting.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing set Anni..... couldn't be lovelier.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearest Anni; Wow, what a GREAT series of birdie's "Heres Lookin' At You" version♫♫♫ GREAT KISKADEE and BROWN PELICAN gave me a smile with color and the long beak. I DO wish to see the little one like WARBLER etc :-)
    I really enjoyed your wonderful photos and thank you so much for hosting♡♡♡
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako* 

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've put a thumbnail link on my blog
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents