...heavy photo blog this time!
On a hot, blustery summer day near and on the beach. and a local nearby park, I spotted these...



WESTERN MEADOWLARK
photos taken: Padre Island National Seashore Nature Trail
habitat map: Meadowlark




LONG BILLED CURLEW
photos taken: Padre Island National Seashore Beach
habitat map: Curlew




SNOWY PLOVER
photos taken: Padre Island National Seashore Beach
habitat map: Plover




WHITE IBIS [immature]
photos taken: Lakeview Park, Corpus Christi
habitat map: Ibis
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now share your birding experiences:
The end came too fast! I wanted more! My favorites are the ibis! We have none anywhere around here, it must be amazing to see one. I LOVE those reflections!!! The curlew is also such a unique bird. Love the Meadowlark photos, we do have them around here. But you have really made them large and stately.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, these are all great birds. A couple of my favorites are the Meadowlark and the Curlew! Wonderful photos. Thank you for hosting. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all the shorebirds!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting this fun meme.
Hope you are having a great week-end!
I wish I HAD enough birds to make a photo-heavy post! Loved seeing yours. Thank you for letting me include my link ...I'm only able to post once a week these days, so sometimes it is a real combination of stuff.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots Anni, love the Curlew and the little Snowy.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week ahead, Gordon.
wonderful collection of birds. Especially loved to see the curlev. Have not seen any this year. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe striking chestnut-red "armpits" of the curlew are displayed very nicely. Glad the lurking meadowlark gave you a good view!
ReplyDeleteDearest Anni; Oh, What a varieties of great birdies♪ I have never seen ones with such a long beak :-) I love last two photographs with virtual images.
ReplyDeleteHaving record high temperature and hard time finding birds(*^.^*)~*
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
I love photo heavy....specially like these!
ReplyDeleteGreat bunch of bird photos!
ReplyDeleteNice work today Anni. It would be easy to miss those meadowlarks feeding away in that pasture, but hey you were on the ball. Good shots. Brilliant shots of the Long-billed Curlew too. You really do show us that thin slim neckline, something I hadn't seen before. Nice pose of the Snowy Plover and thanks for showing us the two shades of the ibis. Non-birders might think they'd seen two species there!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to join in today. Now I must get back to blogging this morning'ss birds. Nice Wheatear coming later.
Hello Anni!:) Impressive captures of all the long billed birds, and well spotted images of the Western Meadowlark, with it's lovely bright yellow and black breast markings, and distinctive yellow eyebrow.:) I love the Snowy Plover images too, they are one of my favourite shore birds.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for hosting.:)
We have meadowlarks here occasionally, always so fun! That snowy plover is the sweetest, Anni! Great captures! Have a wonder-filled week!
ReplyDeleteAll so very special and yet those Curlews for me take the cake ;) I have never seen them and so I think they are wonderful. Your images are great and The Western Meadowlark is so much like our Eastern. I must add words similar to the Disney saying... "I am late, I am late for a very important date... Goodness it is four days past Saturday and I am just getting my act together. That is actually pretty good, considering I usually finally arrive for my visits on Thursdays. Going to be very hot here today and getting ready for the big solar eclipse Monday...Kentucky is the center point of watching it. Hopkinsville will have a 2 minute and 40 second showing. Hugs~
ReplyDeleteOh wow--such great birds! I love seeing Meadowlarks! Have only seen them once this year so far... but I think when it cools down maybe that will change. I was just talking to a friend about seeing a Snow Bunting, which would be new for me... as would that really cute Snowy Plover! We get Semi-Palmateds here...Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete