Lately, in the last couple of weeks when out doing my walking, I've come across several juveniles [some with their parent nearby others with siblings]. Here are some I've photographed. The first image of a white ibis also has a juvenile willet in the foreground.....



JUVENILE WILLET
all photos taken: NAS highway [Naval Air Station]
habitat map: Willet


JUVENILE MOURNING DOVES
photos taken: Bazemore Park in Calallen, Texas
habitat map: Dove

JUVENILE COMMON GALLINULE
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Gallinule


JUVENILE SWAINSON'S HAWK
photos taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Hawk

JUVENILE LEAST GREBE
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Grebe

YOUNG BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCKLINGS
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Whistling Ducks
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now, share your birding experiences:
Wonderful photos Anni! I love seeing all of the juveniles. That white ibis reminds me of the ones I have had hanging around in my yard this summer. I need to get out and get some new bird pics so I can link up!
ReplyDeleteNice captures of the youngsters! Will be departing North Padre Island in the morning after a lot of fun time with the family, but did not get in any birding except for early morning walks along the seawall while the granddaughters slept. Took a dolphin watch boat our of Aransas Pass and got poor looks at some very dark terns. Seemed to have short tails which suggested Black Terns but many had very bright white face and belly markings which suggested Bridled Terns. Will study my poor shots when I get back to my PC in Florida. And oh yes, we saw lots of dolphins!
ReplyDeleteThese are all wonderful! Juveniles are so hard to identify! So I am trying to commit them to memory, because we are birding every day now. The young Ibis looks like a stork!
ReplyDeleteWe love seeing the young ones here but it sure can be a challenge to identify them! Love those little ducks following their Mama! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHello, what a great series on the juvenile birds. I do not think I have ever seen the young doves or a Swainson's Hawk. The young grebes and whistling ducks are so cute. Great post and photos. Thank you for hosting and I thank you for sharing your post on my critter party.. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteso many? I envy you. The only juv I have seen is black-headed gulls and a few coots. And greylag geeze of course. But only some juv coots still here. :( It´s been too dry.
ReplyDeleteAren't they all so very sweet, new life, new hope, new wonders...have to love it! The Swainson Hawks, Mourning Doves and Grebes tugged at my heart strings so much. Wonderful set of juvenile birds, just about ready to make their way into the future. Bless them all. Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of your company every week Anni~
ReplyDeleteSuch cute young birds and so many different species.
ReplyDeleteGreat captures, Anni - in that second shot you can really see how the birds coloring blends with it's environment! Have a wonder-filled week!
ReplyDeleteGreat group of juveniles!
ReplyDeleteWow! We have lots of mourning doves but I have never seen their little ones.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see what the juveniles look like Anni Have a good week ahead
ReplyDeleteHello Anni!:) Great birding knowledge, and photos. I's nice to know so many young birds are flourishing in your part of Texas. Thank you for hosting Anni!
ReplyDeleteExcellent photos of the Doves! You can see every feather!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Great set of photos, I think my favourite are the whistling ducks and the hawk.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, and have a good week, Gordon.
Lovely to see the Willet Anni. It's one that is really on my wish list so I've noticed how it is quite long legged and also made a mental of that strong bill. One of these days.....
ReplyDeleteYou had me puzzling over the Swainson's so I'm so pleased you put the caption there to crib the answer. Thanks again for giving everyone the chance to join in your worldwide birding, and have a great week ahead.
Anni, great time of the year to be a birder. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAnni, congrats on YOUR BOOK!!!
ReplyDeleteSeeing these shore birds is a real treat for me as I rarely head that way. Thank YOU!!!...:)JP
Hello Anni
ReplyDeleteBeautiful series of photos of the different birds
Beautifully and clearly photographed, my compliments.
Best regards, Irma