Last week I shared one bird I'd been searching for for nearly 10 years!!! The Mississippi Kite!!




JUVENILE REDDISH EGRET
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Egret

JUVENILE NORTHERN CARDINAL
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Cardinal

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Titmouse

JUVENILE BALTIMORE ORIOLE
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Oriole

YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Heron


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Hummingbird


COMMON NIGHTHAWK
photos taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Nighthawk
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now share your birding experiences:
These photos were taken in one day's trip around town. At Bazemore Park, I 'scored' most sightings! Other than those listed below in photos, I also caught sight of grackles, doves, stilts, snowy egrets, killdeer, mockingbirds, starlings, cormorants, tri-colored herons, sparrows, ducks, crested caracaras, and scissortailed flycatchers...




JUVENILE REDDISH EGRET
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Egret

JUVENILE NORTHERN CARDINAL
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Cardinal

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Titmouse

JUVENILE BALTIMORE ORIOLE
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Oriole

YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Heron


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park
habitat map: Hummingbird


COMMON NIGHTHAWK
photos taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Nighthawk

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now share your birding experiences:
Your action hummingbird shots are fantastic! And the Nighthawk is so pretty from underneath. How come he was flying in the day? The egret with his wings spread is so majestic. I have never identified any kind of warbler, they are so confusing in the fall. There is even a bird manual out that has a section titles "Confusing Fall Warblers".
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of bird sightings in just a day! I've never seen as much in the wild during my birding trips. Thanks for sharing your beautiful captures.
ReplyDeleteI totally missed seeing a Reddish Egret when I visited North Padre Island. Nice sharp flight photos of the nighthawk!
ReplyDeletewow. so many wonderful birds. Amazing :)
ReplyDeleteWow .... what a beautiful variety of birds!
ReplyDeleteThe colors are beautiful and what did you see many beautiful and different birds.
Very nice.
Regards, Helma
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, Great variety! I love all the Heron photos. The Hummingbird images are a favorite too. The Nighthawk is a cool sighting, great capture. Thank you for Hosting. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
Fabulous shots Anni! I love the look that cardinal is giving you.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos of the Hummingbirds!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great week-end!
The hummingbird pics are fabulous and I love that close up of the heron. I walked tonight and saw the little Blue....he's a regular at our pond. Hope things have improved for you! Lots of hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteMy what a pretty collection of birds captured beautifully
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures but the hummingbird is amazing!!! thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteOur hummingbirds have left for warmer climates. I will miss their antics. Love all of these birds. Your heron shots far outshine mine.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos as usual , but I am captivated by the owl on your sidebar..he is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of photos Anni, love the little fella with the big red beak, also great shots of the hummers.
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Gordon.
Wow! Lots of birds around you! Someone around here saw a Common Night Hawk... think it was the first time I ever heard of it! You take such great photos! Glad you are still seeing birds down there... I was worried! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful sightings in just one day! all captured so beautifully. The ruby throated humming bird is super cute and I loved the elegant young egret.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting and have a fabulous week :)
Hello Anni
ReplyDeleteBeautiful series of photos.
I can not make a choice, they are all amazing.
Best regards, Irma