At the Parks, on the Ranch Land...


Bud and I have been busy with yard work, and we hired someone to replace our fence that was lost during the storm, so there hasn't been much birding the last few weeks! I miss it...but, house and home come first! It's been just short drives here and there and my step count for daily exercise has been shortened drastically. Some day, sooner than later [I hope], I can get back to routine and actually be out most of the morning...birding!!!

This past week, it's close by parks; within 15 minutes from home:



RED TAILED HAWK
photo taken:  Chapman Ranch [county road SW of the city limits]
habitat map:  Hawk


BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK
photo taken:  Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map:  Duck


GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Woodpecker


LINCOLN'S SPARROW
photo taken:  Packery Channel Park
habitat map:  Sparrow


WHITE WINGED DOVE
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Dove


NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD
photo taken:  South Bay Park
habitat map:  Mockingbird


GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Kiskadee


BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Warbler


BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Warbler





For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:


Now, share your birding experiences:




14 comments:

  1. Very nice images. I especially like the Red-tail and the Kiskadee. Hope your fence is back in shape and you can enjoy more birding in your wonderful neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a woodpecker with golden colors! I hope things get done so that you can get out and bird watch more. It sure is a wonderful time of year...with temps much cooler! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything gets done soon so you can have more time for your birding. I've never even heard of a golden fronted woodpecker so I enjoyed that photo the most. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice ones for such a short tour. Some of them I saw in Costa Rica some years back. The RED TAILED HAWK I did see once in Yellowstone close to the lake. But it was too dark for a great shot. A lovely bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I said Wow at nearly every picture here! Those are all great birds to be found close to home... quite the variety! I hope that your fence gets finished soon, and you feel like going further to see more great birds! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many of these look so hard to identify. But you are the master at this. Have you ever heard a Whistling Duck whistle? When will the fence be done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful assortment of birds!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear Anni,
    I am trying to work my way back, and you are my second stop. Feeling for you not being able to get out as you has been doing. For me...I am feeling a little anxious, knowing I am missing out on many bird sightings. Saw only a few Cedar Waxwings, one of my favorite birds that I wait all year for in my yard...they were there and I was stuck inside. Healing had a setback on Wednesday, but I am plugging away.
    Love your little Warblers. We had them coming through for migration. such darling wee birds, amazing they truly are.
    I think you certainly did well by yourself though with what you have seen, that Red-Tailed Hawk is stunning.
    Hugs coming your way. Glad you are getting things fixed around the house, that has to be priority as well~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shots all of them, Anni. But I do like that woodpecker best of all! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope things get back to normal soon for you, Anni. Always hard to clean up the mess after natural disasters, but the main thing is that you and your family are well. Things can be fixed...
    Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni. Such a shame that you are not able to get to your usual birding spots. But as you say, house and home must come first and before long you'll be ship-shape again. But, if you can see all those species in your local park 15 minutes away, all is not lost. I especially like your pictures of Red tailed Hawk and the Golden-fronted Woodpecker. Now that would be a good one to get for me!

    Have a good week and once again, thanks for the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, you have some wonderful photos of birds. Love that Red-tailed hawk...s/he is just such a handsome bird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, the shots of Warblers that you get are so beautiful. Of course that Red-Tail is a heart-throb too!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots, especially the first two!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents