Just short day trips this week...with some of what I've seen out walking...


VERMILION FLYCATCHER [some spellings with 2 "Ls"]
photos taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Flycatcher


OSPREY
photos taken: Packery Channel
habitat map: Osprey



NORTHERN HARRIER
photos taken: H. Bazemore Park
habitat map: Harrier


LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER
photos taken: Nueces River
habitat map: Woodpecker

REDDISH EGRET [white morph]
photo taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Egret
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:


VERMILION FLYCATCHER [some spellings with 2 "Ls"]
photos taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Flycatcher


OSPREY
photos taken: Packery Channel
habitat map: Osprey



NORTHERN HARRIER
photos taken: H. Bazemore Park
habitat map: Harrier


LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER
photos taken: Nueces River
habitat map: Woodpecker

REDDISH EGRET [white morph]
photo taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Egret

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
I really like the Harrier all nestled down in the grass! The Reddish Egret is exquisite! I hope to get another chance at a Vermilion Flycatcher. They don't show up very frequently down here.
ReplyDeleteThe little flycatcher looks like a house Finch a bit. I would never have been able to identify him. Your last egret shot is spectacular!!! I prefer to think he is dancing.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a beautiful Reddish Egret...I would love to see one. I wonder if we have them here. You've had a good week! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteYour birds are so interesting and amazing to see. Your second Osprey picture is my favorite in this collection. Hope you are having a great weekend.
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!! They are all fantastic LOVE the OSPREY!! have never seen one
ReplyDeleteHappy WEekend
Great shots! Loved the Vermillion Flycatcher (one of my faves!) and the Harrier particularly! Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteDearest Anni; Fantastic series of GORGEOUS birdies♡♡♡ I love your sweet flycatcher. Yes, osprey is so GORGEOUS and smiled the EGRET's flexible body.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful coming new week♪
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
Love the osprey and that egret is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni!:) Every time I see the words Pollywog Ponds, it makes me smile, ..it just trips off the tongue like a treat,.. and so are your photos. The Vermilion Flycatcher is pretty, it's one I don't see here. Your captures of the Osprey are great, a lot better than one tiny image in the sky!!:) An impressive bird of prey for sure, and you even captured a another, with your Harrier shot, amazing sightings, and to top it off, the Reddish Egret with the graceful arched wing. What a beautiful pose!
ReplyDeleteHi Anni. Well you say they were short trips but came up with some fine birds there. Pollywog pools makes me smile too, especially since it's a name that wouldn't be allowed to exist in PC Britain. Love the harrier - a long time since I've seen one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link and have a great week ahead.
I love that first shot :)
ReplyDeleteAnni, great capture of the Northern Harrier. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love the Vermillion Flycatcher photos! The way it is posing in the first photo reminds me of our resident Flycatcher, the Eastern Phoebe. Different colors, of course, but the tilt of its head and the look in its eye is the same.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
Vermilion Flycatcher Anni, what a beautiful bird, and I am not certain that I have ever seen one before, unless you have shared them previously. The Northern Harriers are always a treat...love those faces. I hope that you are doing well. Have a Happy week~
ReplyDeleteCompletely unfamiliar with the Northern Harrier (even virtually) -- what wonderful photos -- wow, I'd love to see one in 'person'..... the other birds are more familiar to me ... but the fantastic photos are definitely not ones I'd be able to take. Thanks so much for sharing ... and for hosting.
ReplyDeleteThe osprey found dinner. Nice shot! Love the egret, but the flycatcher really caught my eye. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Anni! That last photo of the egret is incredible.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful photos, Anni! That Flycatcher is so striking...:)JP
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of many different birds! Pretty Flycatcher...of course, never seen in my neck of the woods here! The only Harrier I've seen this season was also in a field, tho my pictures were NOT so closeup! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete