Many Migratory Birds have shown up in the last month. I have also noticed so many are coming into breeding plumage. Then, on April 15 I read on my birding site I frequent, that someone spotted a vagrant [very rare, but seen before a few times in record in Texas] bird near my home - a 10 minute drive. I will get those pictures of the rare bird posted as soon as I get them off my camera card. In the meantime, these three species are special in their own way...


CHUCK WILL'S WIDOW
photos taken: Blucher Park
habitat map: Widow



ORCHARD ORIOLE
photos taken: Packery Channel Park
habitat map: Oriole





RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
photos taken: Blucher Park
habitat map: Hummingbird

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
I almost can't imagine what you can post that will be even more special then these beautiful photos of great birds!! Can't wait. Thanks for hosting.
ReplyDeleteOh my WORD!! You astound me, and I now have chill bumps!! This is such a special and awesome post. When I first saw the Chuck Will's Widow, I immediately thought of a Night Jar (which I think are mostly in Australia). Are the two related? The Oriole is both dark and bright, and rather mysterious. But the HUMMER!!! How on earth...I have been picturing you climbing a ladder in the woods. You must have used a super zoom lens. All of today's pics are worthy of National Geographic. AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header of the newly hatched barn owl!! SO cute!!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine seeing a teeny tiny hummingbird nest! How amazing! Wonderful photos as always. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the party. Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeletewe have a similar nightjar as your CHUCK WILL'S WIDOW. I have only seen it once as it is a nightbird. And only in the light from my car. Would love to see it better some day.
ReplyDeleteAnni, I would love the see the Chuck Will's Widow. The Orchard Oriole is beautiful. I love the sweet hummer on the nest. Great birds and photos. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh my, I am so impressed with your photography. I have never found a hummer on a nest and eggs, too. Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! We have hummingbirds but the other birds are not familiar to me. Nice to see them.
ReplyDeleteThe Chuck Will's Widow is an interesting bird. I hope to see one. Enjoyed seeing the Hummingbird sitting on its nest and the eggs. I saw an Orchard Oriole yesterday one one of the back roads. Sadly, by the time I realized there was a bird in the top of the tree and reversed, it flew. I watched to see if it would stop nearby, but it didn't. Now I will haunt that road in the hopes of seeing it again.
ReplyDeleteI have been on the hunt for a Chuck's Will O Wisp up here in Virginia Beach... someone spotted one in a little known city park! But, no one has been able to re-find it! Looks like yours was up... the one here was down on the ground... Amazing how they blend right in! Great pictures of the Orchard Oriole! They are quite gorgeous! And I would LOVE to see my first hummer of the season... They aren't quite here in numbers yet! Your pictures of the bird on the nest are AMAZING!! Wow! And because they are so close, they make us think they are a fair size, when in reality... teeny tiny nest and eggs, and not such a big bird either!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteAnni, enjoyed the Orchard Oriole. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI have had trouble getting a decent photo of an Orchard Oriole-- they always seem to be so high in the trees that only the underbelly is visible. You got great shots. I just love the hummer at the nest and congrats on the Chuck Wills Widow!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Chuck Will and Oriole, but oh my what stunning hummingbird photos! Catching them nesting is always such an amazing treat! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHi, Anni-- I could not find your e-mail address to respond to your comment about finding a partially white Common Moorhen. I have never seen one, so that is very interesting. I did search Google and foound many images which include the European Moorhen whch is very similar:
ReplyDeletePartial Albino Moorhen
https://www.google.com/search?q=partial+albino+moorhen&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=bZC4cIFWK_p-TM%253A%252CFFZL655DXZ2dYM%252C_&usg=__uB14qyBq2JzoUxxUcMphSel735w%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj564e17eHaAhVPyYMKHaciDBAQ9QEIMTAD#imgrc=bZC4cIFWK_p-TM:
https://www.google.com/search?q=partial+albino+gallinule&client=firefox-b&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwj38qPW7eHaAhUH9YMKHRFKCVkQsAQIKA&biw=1280&bih=823#imgrc=0FlFhTuGBB2rRM:
enjoyed your captures
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of different birds.
Photo 6 and 7 are really great.
Best regards, Irma