Park Birds



TRI-COLORED HERON
photo taken:  Leonabelle Reserve
habitat map:  Heron


RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
photo taken:  Packery Channel Audubon Sanctuary
habitat map:  Hummingbird


LADDER-BACKED WOODPECKER
photos taken:  Paradise Pond
habitat map:  Woodpecker


DOUBLE CRESTED CORMORANT
photo taken:  Indian Point Park
habitat map:  Cormorant


BLACK NECKED STILT[s]
photo taken:  Bazemore Park
habitat map:  Stilt


LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE
photo taken:  South Bay Park
habitat map:  Shrike



BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER [female]
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Warbler



For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:




17 comments:

  1. I like that ladder backed woodpecker...never seen one of them. I saw a sweet little Downy on my hike this morning. I NEED HELP with an ID my friend! Can't wait to hear what you think!!! Happy weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni, wonderful variety of birds. I love the Tricolored Heron and the Warbler. The Hummer is a favorite along with the Ladder-backed Woodpecker. The Shrike is a cool bird. Great post and photos. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice images! I have not had any Black-throated Green Warblers yet. They are either late or not going to appear in our wetlands as they have every autumn. The Tricolored Heron is such a nice subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your variety of birds! Really like the image of the double crested cormorant. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Stilts look like they are ON stilts!! You got a fabulous close-up of the woodpecker! Great detail, especially of the feet. The Warbler is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of images from the Park i love the lose up of the LADDER-BACKED WOODPECKER Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do really like that Ladder-backed Woodpecker and even if someone didn't know its name, they would surely describe it as such. Meanwhile, the Tri-coloured Heron should be called the Multi-coloured Heron don't you think?

    Many thanks for giving us a link-up today Anni. Enjoy your week despite the poor weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks SO much for helping me with my ID! I updated my post AGAIN to show that it's a Northern Harrier. I looked at the photos Phil sent and believe I've seen a bird I've never seen before, which is very exciting! Enjoy your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful series of photos.
    Photo 4 is the winner for me.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite photo is the 3rd down and favorite bird of today is the last one with all that beautiful yellow on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how in the world does that stilt bird balance on those little sticks, it is amazing!! i enjoyed all of your captures, but my very most favorite was the LADDER-BACKED WOODPECKER, what a beautiful bird and an exceptional picture!! the green warbler is a beauty as well!!

    have a wonderful sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such wonderful pictures -- so many wonderful birds -- hope to see some of them when we get back to "our' corner of the Gulf Coast next month~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Birds. Hubby put out the bird feeder.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hari Om
    am rather partial to cormorants, I must say; got a fair few round The Hutch. Love your variety!

    Thanks for dropping by My Take; am sure I have seen you around a few other blogs we may share interest in. It's like seeing folk on a train trip, is blogging. Some you settle down and chat with. others one just waves 'hi' from time to time and a few you see just now and then!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents