The humanoids of the country, when they reside along the coast of Texas in the winter and have homes elsewhere in the summer, they're called WINTER TEXANS. If it weren't for a small bird flying in front of my windshield while driving down a country road, and I watching where it flew into a tree... I would have missed the flock of cranes behind the tree! They're back, the feathered "Winter Texans"... now residing on their winter grounds!! The Sandhill cranes!!





SANDHILL CRANES
photos taken: Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map: Crane
The Kiskadee can be seen just about anywhere...


GREAT KISKADEE
photos taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Kiskadee
...the same with herons...

GREAT BLUE HERON
photo taken: Indian Point Park
habitat map: Heron
...and starlings

EUROPEAN STARLINGS
photo taken: Hans Suter Refuge
habitat map: Starling
Wood Storks are here but a short time...




WOOD STORKS
photos taken: Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map: Stork

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Hello, I love the Sandhill Cranes. They are such beautiful and elegant birds. Great sightings and photos of the Kiskadee, Heron and the Wood Storks. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy day and weekend.
ReplyDeleteThose are all such great photos! Love the cranes, the Kiskadee andyou really bring out the beauty of the starling. Nice to see young storks. Ours have not yet started nesting. The changing climate forced them out of south Florida. but they returned to nest near us two seasons ago. Instead of building nests in November they waited until January because of the high water. Hoping they come back again this season.
ReplyDeleteThe Sandhills are so neat to see and photograph. We are definitely seeing lots of migratory birds here right now...many we don't see well enough to ID. But we keep trying! Hope you get out this weekend for some birding! How are you feeling? We'll go hiking tomorrow hopefully! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful birds ... and for the memories (of the birds and of our time as a former humanoid visitor to your wonderful part of the Gulf Coast). And of course for hosting.
ReplyDeleteAll kinds of beautiful birds in your neck of the woods. I especially love the photo of the heron. Have an awesome rest of the weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe Cranes are wonderful! So elegant and majestic! Yet at the same time, they appear to me to be very fragile. The Storks are big and impressive. Your shot shows the best of the Starlings, and also the Heron!
ReplyDeleteThe Cranes are so elegant birds. All you photographs are very good.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
ReplyDeleteI would love to see Sandhill Cranes and Wood Storks - both beautiful and interesting birds
Have a blessed day!
Hi Anni. You must feel like I do when our wintering geese arrive back from summering in Iceland. It's like seeing old friends again. Cranes are so rare here in NW England that I'd just love to see and photograph those Sandhills. Wood Storks would be nice too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to join in today. Have a lovely week.
Hello Annie,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful series of photos, good that the cranes are back again.
I can not link my message, I can not see it anymore.
Best regards, Irma
Got some beautiful boids there
ReplyDeletea great week, with some really special birds!! the cranes are so interesting looking, i have never one in person. beautiful are the kiskadee, a new to me bird!!
ReplyDeleteyour images are so pretty, you even managed to make the starlings look good!!
our snowbirds are back and I don't mean BIRDS... more every day. I like your Crane Winter Texans much more than our snowbirds... the kiskadee and the heron are AMAZING photos. I love storks almost as much as pelicans. both because they are so ugly they are cute
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds
ReplyDeleteAwesome shots.
ReplyDelete