Profiles of Courage in 2018 AND....


"I would say, Profiles of Survival"

Just photos today. All taken at various times during this past 12 months; mainly during migrations yet some are year 'round residents of South Texas...








Photos [beginning top left to right] taken in various areas within a 40 mile radius of home [Corpus Christi]
HAWK, KINGFISHER, WOODPECKER, INCA DOVE, WARBLER, CRANE, ORIOLE, CARDINAL, PELICAN, WOODPECKER, HERON, GROSBEAK, PLOVER
Habitat maps are linked in text




For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:




11 comments:

  1. Hi Anni, these are all lovely birds and images. The Oriole is one of my favorites today.
    Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of photos, well done. Happy Christmas, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I haven't seen a Grosbeak in years! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the woodpecker with the berries all lined up in his beak, and the elegant crane. Fabulous photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anni,
    Wonderful series of different birds.
    My favorite is photo 10.
    I wish you all beautiful Christmas and a healthy 2019.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your photos are gorgeous !!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni. I hope you are enjoying our day and weekend. I here to wish you and all of your family a very Happy Christmas and a Bird Filled New Year.

    Many thanks for giving me the weekly opportunity to join in your blog. Much Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MerryChristmas...and thank you for the year-round gift you give us....your beautiful pictures and your expertise in IDing and teaching us about their habitat and lives. And for this fun sharing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all are beautiful, I think my favorite is Ms Cardinal, but maybe the woodpecker with a beakfull

    ReplyDelete
  10. I arrived late for the party but you held the table open for me and I enjoyed the main course and all the hors d oeuvres! The large format range maps are instructive. I did not realize that there is a resident population of Broad-winged Hawks year round in Cuba. Merry Christmas (just in time!) and sorry I am so far behind in thanking you for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents